Has Louis Vuitton been 'Ghettoized'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixxiano

Aug 12, 2009
First off, I would like to say I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post. :yahoo:

Now, back to business. I personally really like LV specially the Damier desings.

However, LV 'fakes' have popped everywhere in the world. Some of them of awful quality; others of decent quality.You see fakes left and right.

It really bothers me to see the type of people that now pretend to carry LV, and it's all over the place. The other day saw this guy walk into a LV store in Houston with a ton of gold around his neck and walked out with a messenger bag. It made me wanna throw up and not buy the same item.

Has the admiration for such a signature brand ruined the brand itself?

Hmmm...I thought you were referring to the LV Graffiti line with the bright flourescent print all over the accessories and handbags. (Graffiti = Ghetto?)

Personally, I am a little nervous about the screen etched colours over the bags because they will eventually wear off. I would have loved a hot pink or green printed ZCP inside.

I guess Mr. T needed a LV bag that day you were there. ;) :graucho:

I'm not sure how to answer your question. :shrugs:

I dont think "Ghetto" maybe what I feel. I think certain collaborations have been tacky and on the trashy side. I wont say which ones in case anyone loves those lines. LOL. Look what happened to Gucci, the past 2 years the bags look like Juicy Couture, this fall they are going back to a classic look with more of Tom Ford influence. LV is very popular still . IMO it isnt about how good the quality of the bags are or any classic influences. Its the fab marketing that LVMH has done this decade. Madonna , Buz Aldrin, Kanye. They touched every demographic. Very smart.

It too bothers me that fakes are everywhere and are flaunted by many that try to pass them off as authentic... however, that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop loving the brand simply because of the numerous amount of fakes out there or because I see people that I'm not used to seeing usually carrying LV. I personally buy LV's for the excellent quality/craftsmanship...

Just as long as my LV's are authentic and I like them, that's all that matters to me.

Also... I try not to pay too much attention to the numerous amount of fakes around... it's just a waste of time to do so. :P

However, LV 'fakes' have popped everywhere in the world. Some of them of awful quality; others of decent quality.You see fakes left and right.

It really bothers me to see the type of people that now pretend to carry LV, and it's all over the place. The other day saw this guy walk into a LV store in Houston with a ton of gold around his neck and walked out with a messenger bag. It made me wanna throw up and not buy the same item.

Define "ghettoized"??

Fakes are everywhere for many brands and products. I choose not to carry fake LV and it does not impact my heart rate if others choose to do so for whatever reason. It takes more than that to ruin my admiration for a classic brand that's been around for 100+ years.

The guy with the gold on his neck walked out the LV boutique with a messenger bag - he wasn't pretending since he bought LV. I carry LV because I love it and am not influenced by others and their style. Ever seen photos of Anna Piaggi? She is considered a "style icon" - I think she looks like a clown. She carries LV and I still do too.

So just b/c a person wears multiple gold chains they are not "worthy" of LV? That is pretty messed up, you don't even know this person and you are judging him pretty harshly. Just b/c someone has a different style than you do doesn't make them less than you. LV appeals to lots of different people and I think that's great, it would be boring if everyone was the same.

"Knock Off" LV's, as we call them on NYC, will always be available. But, many of us realize those "REPLICA'S, FAKES or KNOCK OFFS" support illegal militant organizations! Save your $$$ and Treat yourself to a Genuine LV!! ;)

I do not like the word ghetto it is offensive to me.--Now I do not care how many chains a person wears or what they look like if they can go into a store and afford to buy something let them.
Now if you mean ghetto like rappers or ethnic groups( I hope you are not being prejudice)--the rap world has always been into labels big time esp in the 80's with gucci when a great Gucci shopper was 198$ and the gym shoes were 80 they even had a tote that was 65. I had all of that then. Lv prices are very high and most wealthy people would not spend a thousand + on a handbag so whoever does let them.

We all think differently--some feel it is crazy to buy an expensive bag without a house that you own or a car others think nothing of it.

I do not like the word ghetto it is offensive to me.--Now I do not care how many chains a person wears or what they look like if they can go into a store and afford to buy something let them.
Now if you mean ghetto like rappers or ethnic groups( I hope you are not being prejudice)--the rap world has always been into labels big time esp in the 80's with gucci when a great Gucci shopper was 198$ and the gym shoes were 80 they even had a tote that was 65. I had all of that then. Lv prices are very high and most wealthy people would not spend a thousand + on a handbag so whoever does let them.

We all think differently--some feel it is crazy to buy an expensive bag without a house that you own or a car others think nothing of it.

Word. I don't like the idea that because someone has a different style or look from you, or may look to you like they're from a different 'class' that you don't want to be associated with them. That's pretty snobby. Obviously that guy was not 'ghetto' as you use the term (I also do not like the term), if he's in their buying real bags. He's just as good as you are, except oh hey, he dresses differently.

And I don't care about fakes, although it does bother me that they're so rampant sometimes because I wonder if people think I'm carrying fakes, which I don't. I tend to shy away from the more popular replicated bags for that reason.

Thank you! Thank you! I couldn"t have said it any better!!!!

While I don't necessarily agree to the fullest extent, I am confident enough to admit that when I see someone I consider tacky it leaves a bad impression with me and I don't desire certain items any more.

I will never be able to bring myself to wear: 7FAM boot cut jeans, lacy camisole tops, Tiffany "dog tag" necklaces, a French manicure, certain LV bags, certain non-LV bags, gym shoes (*not at the gym), plastic high heeled shoes, True Religion anything, platform flip flops... and so much more...

I simply say " don't judge the book by its cover". As much as I hate fake bags that some wealthy people doesn't mind getting one and would choose to live in a low profile style but I do feel bad for people who just pretend to be -"can afford to buy expensive purses". You see different folks in different styles- just don't be judgemental..

First off, I would like to say I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post. :yahoo:

Now, back to business. I personally really like LV specially the Damier desings.

Your post is disgusting!

You are basically saying that now that you saw someone YOU thought was not worthy of having Louis Vuitton at LV Store buying the item you wanted doesn't make you feel special? You're point of view is making my stomach turn!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.