has hermes/ would hermes ever do a 22" sqaure sized silk scarf?

22" sqaure sized silk. yah or nay?

• Yah, the more silk the better.

• blah, who knows/who cares.

• Nay, not different enough from current options/no point.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
would people even buy it?

i ask because i have some 22" scarfs of cotton and silk from other makers and it is actually a nice size particularly when you want be more causal than say 27" or 36". but its still a nice canvas size that makes a good statement...

good idea? bad idea?

I've voted "Nay, not different enough from current options/no point." From the store's point of view it would just be even more space taken up by yet another different size of silk square.

There are already scarves 70, 90, 140,, the gavroches, twillys, pointus, mousies, shawls and probably more.

edited to add: I don't know inches, but isn't a 140x140cm silk dip-dye quite close to what you had in mind? :biggrin:

Last edited:
I've voted "Nay, not different enough from current options/no point." From the store's point of view it would just be even more space taken up by yet another different size of silk square.

There are already scarves 70, 90, 140,, the gavroches, twillys, pointus, mousies, shawls and probably more.

edited to add: I don't know inches, but isn't a 140x140cm silk dip-dye quite close to what you had in mind? :biggrin:

no no, thats way too big. 22ins is about 55cm

so the sizes today go from 40cm (pocket square) to scarves 70cm and up.

a 22in would be right in between

so it would be the 40cm minis, then the 55cm and the 70cm full size, 90cm, 140cm.

no no, thats way too big. 22ins is about 55cm

so the sizes today go from 40cm (pocket square) to scarves 70cm and up.

a 22in would be right in between

so it would be the 40cm minis, then the 55cm and the 70cm full size, 90cm, 140cm.

Oh damn. I thought you meant a really large one. :-s A 55cm scarf would be a really good size. Although I still don't think it would be practical for H to produce and stock yet another size of silk square. It seems like too many variations on a theme.

I'd buy lots of silk in that size (20-22") because I often wear a bandana on my head anyway... underneath my hat... while I'm dancing.... I love wearing the 90cm carre on my head and to wrap up my long hair, but I can't really use them that way if my hair is down. Regardless, I think there are already enough sizes to keep me busy for a while.