Has desert Marcelle aged well?

JT17

O.G.
Aug 2, 2009
I keep going back to pictures of desert Marcelle (from 2007 I think) and just can't push it out of my mind. I have read the old threads regarding issues with the color when it came out. I am curious though, years later, if the issues might have worked in its favor as the bag aged. Does anyone (still) have one and if so, how does it look?

PS - pictures are ALWAYS welcome! :graucho:

I purchased one of these "gently used" on Ebay a few months back, and wound up returning it because I was very unhappy with the amount of wear on it. It seemed to me that the finish of the leather had picked up everything the purse had been around (clothing dye, dirt, lotion, etc.) Now, since this was a preowned bag, there is NO telling how the seller had treated it, but in comparison to the finish on my cognac Marcelle, I could tell it wouldn't take wear nearly as well.
However, that's just one opinion. I baby my bags and don't like for them to show wear very much, so I may be too picky for a desert Marcelle. :smile:

My first HG Kooba was a desert Marcelle. So rare! I don't know if this helps but they have a beautiful imperfect leather on thes guys ... Sometimes freckled .... Mine is nwt (never wore) and it hasn't faded or anything and still looks like it did the day I bought it.