Has anyone worried about a buyer switching bags when making a return??

OR if its a City or Work bag....each metal tag on the Balenciaga tag inside.....they all have different #s then a letter.....
thats what I go by...but then again, no one that has bought from me has ever returned a bag......I just am a super seller:wlae::okay:
MM: Girl you are just plain LUCKY one of these nut jobs has not found you yet!!!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
For the poster that asked: see above earlier post by Amourcouture about where to get the tags.

I just ordered my tags and tape. A little price for a lot of sanity. This buyer is now on to threatening me and lie after lie. I asked her 4 times now to send me pictures of what she is talking about. She won't, she knows she is just lying. It only makes me less apt to give in. If she can't be honest to me in the beginning, the middle than who is to say she will be in the end.

Someone else might give in and allow her to return it because of her threats or because of her changing her mind, but after I read this from her feedback that she gave to one of her buyers, it made me all the more not want to help her out with her buyers remorse. Here is what her buyer wrote and her reply.

Buyer said:
WAS A STAIN ON THE BACK POCKET THAT SELLER DIDNT PUT IN DESCRIPTION. .. Buyer:
XXXXXXX
Mar-07-08 12:05
Reply by XXXXXXXX
Obviously, no big deal I didn't even noticed, if you're too picky, buy brand new

I don't think she is nice or honest. I think I would be setting my self up for more hassle with her if I give in. Who knows what she will send me back. Why she won't send me pics of what she claims is fading is because it isn't faded and she herself said she is going to buy a different bag right after she gets her money back from me. I think she found something she likes better. She shouldn't have bid on it if she wasn't sure she wanted it. She pushed out 4 other bidders when she bid the last 4 seconds and then told me she wasn't sure she would like the regular hardware. That shouldn't be my problem and I think she should take responsibility for her own actions and lack thereof.

I understand your concerns. I have never had a buyer want to return anything, but I would probably let her file the SNAD. I agree that the buyers hold all the cards these days, but at least the return and refund (if she wins) would be documented through PayPal, and you could maybe rely on their help if she returns a different bag (you can always appeal the decision with additional proof). I would call PP, too, and ask what is the best way to proceed rather than just have her send it back and refund her money. If she sends back another bag, I am not sure what you would do at that point without going through a dispute with PP anyway. Making her file will make the process take a little longer waiting for PP to make a decision and it serves her right. It sounds to me that she doesn't want to file anything because she knows she really does not have a case. Your listing is perfect, the bag is gorgeous, and she did get a wonderful deal. I don't know what else you can do in a listing to protect yourself from this kind of nonsense.

That is a beautiful bag at an awesome price. Wish I could have afforded it.
I, too, followed OP's auction for the Truffle Work, but was already "bagged-out," as ever, so couldn't bid...there is no doubt it is/was a great bag and she got a super deal on it. Knowing 2006 truffle as well as I do, I think the buyer is crazy and definitely has buyer's remorse. Stand your ground or at least if get the bag back, you can probably resell it for more . It seems a shame to let the infidel have that beautiful bag.

The buyer just filed a dispute with PayPal. I am very upset as this has taken so much time out of my already busy schedule. I can only hope and pray that if Paypal allows her to send back the bag and receive a refund, that it is in the same condition as I sent it to her and that it is the bag I sent her. She took picutres of it and pulled the inside of the pocket on the outside pocket out, to show that the inside pocket is a little darker than the bag. I have over 25 Balenciaga motorcycle bags currently and have had from time to time over 40. Many of them have darker inside leather strips in the pocket because the leather is thinner and softer than the rest of the bag. I am now upset that she would carelessly treat the bag like that. It scratches against the zipper. The picture shows such a very slight difference in shade that you would have to be an expert to see any difference at all. Please will you all be the judge also on this for me. I need some encouraging words. I loved this bag and only sold it because I didn't carry it often enough. It was in such great shape and a great color to match with everything. I should have just kept it.

She took pictures in direct sunlight to hopefully make it look light. This bag isn't faded at all and in fact it had hardly been carried but a couple times and then left in its sleeper bag. The tassles are still in new shape and even the extras hadn't ever been used.

My time has been the cost of what she bought it for. Here are her pictures:

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

These are her pictures she took to show PayPal. Am I crazy that I don't see any fading? It is a great Balenciaga bag and she got it at a fantastic price. If I get it back in the same condition, if paypal lets her return it, I am keeping it to remind me of why I should stop selling on Ebay. I have been a really great, trust worthy seller and love knowing that others are getting great deals on great items. I sure didn't sell it because it was a crummy bag. Just because it wasn't getting used. I like the days and city's most.

Last edited: