Has anyone worked in a cosmetics dept?

Yep, I have, and I'm actually trying to get a PT job again. I worked at Macys years ago. Looking at Norstroms now as it is close to me and they keep regular store hours.

I worked in women's fragrance and men's fragrance at a May Co. store(before Macy's bought everyone up). If you are going to work in a dept. store then cosmetics is definitely the way to go! The only way a sales person can make a reasonable amount of pay! I made more money then my manager because she was on salary, I was on commission!They treated us somewhat nicer, too! The cosmetic companies train you in makeup application and give you freebees so you know the product and can talk about it. You have to like to work with the public and your coworkers can be pretty cutthroat!

Oh and if you work for a major line,( EL Lancome etc.) they do require Nail polish too! That was what what was good about fragrances we did not represent one company, so they could not impose those rules!! I tend to be pretty lazy about my nails sometimes!