Has anyone used Keep All 45 as a "personal" item and still used carry on luggage?

I actually posted this question last week, wondering the same thing! A few people did say that they could fit it under the seat. However I went and tried it on in the boutique a few days ago and it looked too big to me. I'm 5'4" & pretty thin and it definitely looked like luggage on me. There was no way anybody would believe that's my purse! I'm going to buy a deauville for the personal item instead and get a keepall 50 for weekend trips. Personally I can't give up my Samsonite spinner wheel carry on, it's just too comfortable to drag around the airport :biggrin:

You can fit the 45 under the seat of a regular Boeing 747, at least the ones that fly within the UK and Europe. I don't know how different the seating arrangements are elsewhere!

I was going to ask the same thing in regard to the keepall 55 or 60, not as an under the seat item, but can both of these sizes be used as carry on's for overhead bins. I'm most interested in overseas travel but if anyone has domestic info as well, it would be most appreciated. I can't decide between these two sizes, thanks very much!!

I think my post might have disappeared - if this is a dupe - please excuse! I am also wondering about the keepall 55 & 60 sizes. Can these be carry -on's for transatlantic/international travel? If anyone can assist with this as well as experiences with domestic travel, as well, it would be most appreciated. I am 5'2" and wanting to get my first keepall and cannot decide between the two sizes, is there a very big difference?

I think my post might have disappeared - if this is a dupe - please excuse! I am also wondering about the keepall 55 & 60 sizes. Can these be carry -on's for transatlantic/international travel? If anyone can assist with this as well as experiences with domestic travel, as well, it would be most appreciated. I am 5'2" and wanting to get my first keepall and cannot decide between the two sizes, is there a very big difference?

I don't think the 60 is approved for carry on size, it's too big. I also think it would get too heavy to carry comfortable if it was full, at that size. I'm 5'4" and pretty thin, when I went in to try the bags on the 50 was just right for me.

You have to check the carry-on restrictions for each airline. Most use standard dimensions and weights.

Some airlines are more lenient than others about carry-on; some are pretty tough.

In particular, discount carriers are notorious for being super-strict about what you can take on and will specify that your one item non-overhead bin item can be, for example, a purse or a briefcase. And trust me, you do NOT want to get have to pay an extra 50GBP or $75 last minute at the airport counter when everyone else is getting ready to board the plane (as happened to me once with easyjet).

Plus, if you get stuck in an emergency row or the first row of some small planes, you can only have overhead items. Nothing gets stowed in the seat in front. On a flight back from Marbella, after very carefully stowing my brand new Galliera on its dust bag under the seat in front, it got snatched and manhandled into an overhead bin by cabin crew, with me fuming and protesting.

I don't think the 60 is approved for carry on size, it's too big. I also think it would get too heavy to carry comfortable if it was full, at that size. I'm 5'4" and pretty thin, when I went in to try the bags on the 50 was just right for me.

Thank you so much!! Ok, the 60 is DEFINITELY off my list!
Happy St. Patrick's Day, and thanks again!:smile:

I've carried other duffels that size on without a problem but I would say it depends on the airline.... but I find if you have one carryon suitcase and any additional bag that's at least smaller than the suitcase and nothing more than those two items they usually let you by.

Has anyone ever used the Keepall 50 as a personal item? I want to use it in conjunction with my wheelie luggage, but since the 45 is small, I want the extra 2 inches in case I ever want to take the Keepall alone on weekend trips. (I tend to overpack and need lots of space.)

Has anyone ever used the Keepall 50 as a personal item? I want to use it in conjunction with my wheelie luggage, but since the 45 is small, I want the extra 2 inches in case I ever want to take the Keepall alone on weekend trips. (I tend to overpack and need lots of space.)

i've used my keepall 50 with my small roller luggage. the roller goes up in the bin and the keepall fits under the seat in front of me. i make sure that my keepall isn't completely full too. it would have to go overhead if it were completely stuffed.

I have the keepall 55 as per my sa advising me it was the largest allowed carry-on. When it isn't stuffed full it will slide under the seat otherwise it goes overhead. I use my Porte documents gm as my "personal" bag most of the time with no issues.

I use my keep all 55 as a carry on. I am always concerned I may not be able t o carry it onto the plane, and I would be forced to check it. My philosophy is not to worry about it being stowed in the overhead compartment.