Has anyone used an air brush machine for foundation?

Hi, I have a dinair airbrush system and it works great but it takes a little practice and requires some up keep (after every use you should clean it) so I use for a big night out but not for everyday use when I need to be out the door in fifteen min.

Can you get in touch with whomever did your wedding make-up and find out what type system they used? I too would love to find an infalable airbrush system & make-up. Thanks.

So are you saying that you DO recommend the Luminess system or do you know of a better one, this one is getting an abundance of bad reviews. Thanks for the tip on redness.

Thanks for the info. I, as everyone else, am looking for that little bit of magic to look better. I would love to find a system that really looks/applies as they claim but will save my money (kinda broke since fighting breast cancer) and continue to research before buying my miracle product. Thanks again, Katya12

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SYSTEM OR ANY OTHER BUT IF YOU WANT SOMETHING FOR COMPARISON TRY laurelcometics.com FOR ANOTHER OPTION. I WAS GOING TO ORDER THIS LUMINESS SYSTEM BUT ONCE I STARTED READING ALL TROUBLE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRODUCT I DID MORE RESEARCH AND FOUND THE LAUREL SYSTEM. YOU HAVE TO BUY EVERYTHING SEPERATELY BUT YOU DECIDE EACTLY WHAT YOU WANT AND HOW MUCH YOU WANT AND THE SHIPPING IS CHEAPER AND YOU DON'T HAVE THE HASSELS OF TIME AND CLUBS ETC. AND THE COST, WITH EVERYTHING, IS AROUND $300 AND YOUR NOT STUCK WITH ITEMS YOU DON'T WANT OR THAT YOU DIDN'T ORDER. AND AS WE ALL KNOW LAUREL HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER. NO, I DON'T WORK FOR THEM BUT I AM A RESEARCHER FOR A DOCTOR/PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS SO I KNOW HOW TO FIND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR AND THIS SEEMS TO BE THE BETTER DEAL AND, OF COURSE, THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS 100%. SO FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS AND RESERVATIONS THAT I HAVE ABOUT THE LUMINESS SYSTEM, I WOULD AT LEAST CHECK OUT THE LAUREL WEBSITE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL...
-KATYA12-

I don't know anything about air brushes but the machine look just like the artist airbrush you can buy from $20.00+++++. I wonder if you could use regular water based makeup and thin it out. Check ebay for air brushes. Let me know if anyone has tried this.

I've become fascinated with the Luminess Air Brush infomercial and I'm tempted to order one; does anyone out there have it or know of another brand that's user friendly? I had my makeup airbrushed for my wedding and it looked fantastic...but can I do it myself is the big question!
I received the Luminess Air Pro Kit today. I really haven't had a chance to REALLY put it to the test, but I did mess around with it a little today and already there are a few things about it that I wasn't pleased with...I don't like the shades that were shipped to me at all! It seems that none of them match my skin tone close enough to even try blending. I am African American so that doesn't really surprise me since a lot of makeup companies tend to offer a smaller range of colors for African American women...as if our skin tones don't range in color. It could be that I just need more practice in finding the perfect number of drops of each shade though. It took awhile to even come close to getting the amount of coverage that I desire and yet I still wasn't satisfied, but then again it could be that I was sort of in a rush. I have noticed that you do have to use WAY more drops of foundation than they say. They also say that you can plug it in to use or you can use the battery pack. I still haven't figured out how to use it with out needing to plug it in. I do like the feel of the air hitting my face though, but it FEELING good isn't going to give me the flawless coverage they promised though. I am still going to give this product a fair shot though and I will continue to keep you all updated on how things are coming along for me.

I personally love this machine. I liked it so much, I bought one for my daughter and daughter in law, and they love it as well. You have to read the DVD first and you have to be patient, but by the third or fourth try, I had it down pat. Just be careful with the blush -- it does darken a little bit once it is applied, so less is definitely more.

My only complaint is that the foundation is expensive but once you learn to use it properly, a little goes a long way. I had contacted customer service when my stylus did not seem to be working properly, and she instructed me to try to clean it with pure alcohol and if that did not work, she gave me a return number and offered to send a new one should the cleaning not work. They are very professional and have been very helpful each time I have ordered new foundations, etc.

I guess from reading these reviews, it's not for everyone, but then, what is? I will never return to any other foundation -- not even my bare minerals which I used for years before switching to Luminess.

I have a brand new starter kit still in the original packaging that I bought for my daughter for Christmas and just so happens that my sister bought her one also. So I am selling the one I have and only asking $160.00 plus shipping and handling if need be. It is Brand New never been opened. Both of my sisters and my mom have one as well as 2 of my friends and they absolutely love it. If you are interested please call me at 209-604-5249.

Thank you,

Kim