Has anyone used an air brush machine for foundation?

callmelulu

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I've become fascinated with the Luminess Air Brush infomercial and I'm tempted to order one; does anyone out there have it or know of another brand that's user friendly? I had my makeup airbrushed for my wedding and it looked fantastic...but can I do it myself is the big question!

I've never heard of the Luminess Air Brush foundation, but SK-II's AirTouch foundation was all the rave on this board a while back. I really didn't like it personally, but I like the idea of an Airbrush foundation that I can use at home, so let us know what it's like if you get it :flowers:

edit: I just looked it up and I am very interested in hearing reviews. :flowers:

Well, Luminess Air's foundation is extremely heavy duty; that is, the foundation lasts 8-10 hours and in many cases you can sleep in it and surprise yourself when you look in the mirror in the morning!:heart: Ok, I am going to tell you something super cool, or I found it wicked when I first discovered it. Before airbrushing, place 3 to 5 drops of Visine, you know, the stuff that gets the red out of your eyes. Spray the Visine all over your face and in 10 seconds the redness in your face will "Snap" disappear! Really! Great little airbrush trick to take the redness out of your red flush face. This trick works well also if you have redness due to Acne. Go Luminess Air!

I've become fascinated with the Luminess Air Brush infomercial and I'm tempted to order one; does anyone out there have it or know of another brand that's user friendly? I had my makeup airbrushed for my wedding and it looked fantastic...but can I do it myself is the big question!

I have been wanting an airbrush make up system for years, so when I saw this one I had to have it. It arrived yesterday, I watched the DVD, and used it this morning. I LOVE IT! The blush was a little heavy, but I wiped some off and went over it with the foundation a bit. I know the more I use it the better I'll get.

My baby sitter is a make up artist and she said my make up looked great. My only issue, is that I use powder eye liner so some falls under my eyes, which i sweep away with a brush. The powder stuck to the foundation, so tomorrow I am going to put the eye liner on first, if that doesn't work out, I'll change eye liners.

Get one, you'll love it. I think you can even order body tanning supplies to use with it.

i read in Allure about a NY socialite who gets her makeup done and goes to sleep in it. she goes to various functions & her makeup lasts for 3days! not that i would do that but maybe this is what she used?

Sorry to bust your bubble but even if this is a good product, this guy posts all over the internet so how can we believe him? Posters should be required to disclose when they work for the company or have a financial interest!

Yes, I've tried it and I love it. At first I was pulling all the way back on the trigger when I was applying the make up and the coverage was a little heavy. I tried going easier and pulling it back about a third of the way and I now get beautiful even coverage. I'm a f-6 and it is a dead on match for my skin tone. It looks like a have beautiful skin now rather than beautiful make up. It is so natural looking, like I'm not wearing make up at all. The compliments just keep on coming in and I love it. I ran into a college friend at the mall and I had not seen her in years. She kept going on and on about how I hadn't changed. It has to be the make up. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Well...this company certainly has no problem paying people to pretend to own and love this product...that tends to make me skeptical about the genuineness of their claims. The popping in every few days to "bump" the thread doesn't help either. :nogood:

Hello, I bought the Luminess Air about a month ago. I personally think it is a big rip off. My skin broke out, and I didn't look any different than I did using other make up. I now use Sheer cover and I am very happy with it. Luminess Air was the worst investment I ever made in my life. It is surely not worth the money. The commericial makes it looks so easy, but it really isn't. If I was getting paid like the people in their commercial I would lie too.:tdown:

Don't waste your money.

Hello, I bought the Luminess Air about a month ago. I personally think it is a big rip off. My skin broke out, and I didn't look any different than I did using other make up. I now use Sheer cover and I am very happy with it. Luminess Air was the worst investment I ever made in my life. It is surely not worth the money. The commericial makes it looks so easy, but it really isn't. If I was getting paid like the people in their commercial I would lie too.