Has anyone tried the Wonderbun for curls?

LeeClee

Jan 15, 2009
Saw an ad for this thing called a Wonderbun which apparently gives your hair great body and curls just by tying it up in this hankerchief contraption that ties into a pretty bun. Anyone tried it or is it just another thing that will end up in my beauty junk drawer?

is it new and only available if you order it over the phone? If so, it will probably be available in stores soon... i'm curious too though so let us know

I just went to their web site...still not sure what to think. I guess I don't really get what it is? It looks just like a hankie. I bought into the whole Bumpit thing, and those were the worst!

Last edited:
Is there a Video demonstration anywhere? The photo of the model in the beginning looks as though she's holding her hair - but why is she holding her hair? Is she steadying the hair over the triangle? How long is she holding it for?

The end results look pretty amazing... Does it really give those beautiful individual curls? Gorgeous!! :biggrin:

The website is hard to manuever and really doesn't explain much. Also, the pictures don't really show what happened b/c the triangle and her hair are the same color. I wonder if you get the triangle wet and blow it dry? That said, I would love those curls! beautiful!

i don't know about Wonder Bun, but i curl my hair by putting it in a bun on top of my head. i shower at night, let my hair air-dry about 1/2 way, then put it in a high bun, using small claw clips (those small ones from the drugstore) to secure it. i sleep with that in, and then take it out in the morning- voila, nice waves and curls. it also works on dry hair for a little less curl.

I think it seems interesting. I have long hair and work at a spa and we have to have our hair done. Most days I'm lazy and throw it up in a bun but I'd love to find things that were easier and worked. I personally love the bumpit but know it's not for everyone.

Emmanuelle Shih is the creator of the Wonder Bun, and this is the site: http://www.wonderbun.com . She has a pdf file with detailed instructions. However, the concept of a wired hair tie is not really new, I remember using them in the 70s to make buns. If your hair is damp, it will be curly when you take it out dry. And, there have been wired foam curlers since the 60s.

hmmm...so is the Wonder Bun created by Emanuelle Shih is completely different from the Wonder Bun by Jennifer right? I'm kinda confused...two completely different websites

i have it and it definitely takes some getting used to. it was hard to use the first three times, but once you find out how to use it, it works great, and it makes my hair not only curly, but it looks healthier when i use it too.

i don't know about Wonder Bun, but i curl my hair by putting it in a bun on top of my head. i shower at night, let my hair air-dry about 1/2 way, then put it in a high bun, using small claw clips (those small ones from the drugstore) to secure it. i sleep with that in, and then take it out in the morning- voila, nice waves and curls. it also works on dry hair for a little less curl.

This is what I do too (my hair is bra strap length) although I do this when my hair is dry. Ballet bun then bedtime!