Has anyone tried Laura Mercier mineral powder

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I got an email touting the pressed. Have never tried her loose or pressed. Don't live near a retailer to see it IRL.

Color comments? Itchies? Coverage & wear?

THX

Hi There,

I've tried the loose version and like it a lot. My favorite mineral powder. It's not shiny like BE. It has a very natural and realistic finish, IMO. I am about NW20 (mac shade) and use Real Sand. It's not a perfect match, but it blends beautifully. Using the minerals has definitely helped normalize my skin. It looks much more healthy now. I think the downside is the lack of colors in the LM, but they all blend in really well so it's not the end of the world.

On a budget I like Everyday Minerals (an etailer), but choosing shades and finishes can get complicated. However they have a free sample kit you can order to get started.

If you want to try the LM, Sephora has a good intro kit that comes with the mineral powder, brush, primer, and a few other things. I wish that was around when I started out, but cest la vie.

I definitely think it's worth giving a try. Just order online from a place with easy returns in case you don't like it!

I actually made an order for it yesterday from Macys.com, so can't wait to try it. They are having a gift with $75 Laura Mercier purchase plus free shipping. I've been a Bare Minerals user for awhile and think its time to switch up.

From the the reviews on sephora.com people seem to say that the colors tends to be darker then the picture on the web but love the overall products. I am a Medium Beige with BareMinerals, so I order both the beige to test out the color. Will let you know what the outcome is once i get it in the mail.

Okay. I am wearing the Mineral Foundation in Natural Beige today. I like it. Covers very well and it seems to stayed on all day pretty well. Pretty sure its a keeper. I actually did a cost comparison to BE and its actually cheaper, never would have thought.

Okay. I am wearing the Mineral Foundation in Natural Beige today. I like it. Covers very well and it seems to stayed on all day pretty well. Pretty sure its a keeper. I actually did a cost comparison to BE and its actually cheaper, never would have thought.

What type of skin do you have?

I really don't like it, looks great on application, but it settles into my pores, didn't control oiliness in any way. However the LM Translucent Loose Powder is my HG of loose powder, it mattifies, makes my make up last all day and when I get oily and blot, it makes my makeup look freshly applied!

I wish you well,

Bridget