Has anyone taken the GMAT?

~*Sassy*~

O.G.
Mar 12, 2007
I just went to Border's and bought several books on it, and I also signed up for the Kaplan class. :wtf: I'm going to get my MHA (Masters of Health Administration..basically like an MBA but healthcare focused). My dad is a healthcare consultant/financial planner for hospitals so I'm going to go work with him. I don't want to do the analysis/modeling part of it forever, but it's a good place to learn. I love people so I'm thinking maybe some type of healtcare management, HR, or marketing. We'll see.

I was an Art History/French major, and I have been working in galleries and for an art consulting company so this will be quite a change of pace for me. I was thinkng about going back to get my Masters in something art related, but even then I don't know if I can find a job that will feed me and support my Bbag habit. :graucho: So for once I'm taking the practical route.

Thanks for letting me share! All of my girlfriends think that I've lost my mind- they are all either in law school or doing investment banking (i.e. "serious" things), and I was always the "fun, crazy" one in the group. LOL:P

i took the kaplan classes...grad school isn't for me...i didn't even bother with the practice test...it just all seemed so hard.

i really wasn't focused on it. just study really hard they're like SAT questions. kaplan is good they teach you the tricks to the math parts

I didn't realize that MHA used the GMAT.
But yep, much easier than the LSAT, but really not that easy. I actually took Manhattan GMAT and thought they were decent (lot of self-study required though). I really think a class is helpful for the discipline and tips for math and verbal. It's not as easy as the SAT (which now includes calculus anyway).
I'd definitely recommend a lot of practice tests in a test environment. Good luck and pm me if you have more questions.

My boyfriend just read a book or two. He said if you just study yourself, you should be fine! He scored somewhere in the 700s; i don't really remember. but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good luck!!! :biggrin:

Never took the GMAT, but I did take the GRE last year for graduate admission and all I only studied the practice test!! I got full score in math but didn't do so well in the verbal part!!