Has anyone taken the GMAT?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just went to Border's and bought several books on it, and I also signed up for the Kaplan class. :wtf: I'm going to get my MHA (Masters of Health Administration..basically like an MBA but healthcare focused). My dad is a healthcare consultant/financial planner for hospitals so I'm going to go work with him. I don't want to do the analysis/modeling part of it forever, but it's a good place to learn. I love people so I'm thinking maybe some type of healtcare management, HR, or marketing. We'll see.

I was an Art History/French major, and I have been working in galleries and for an art consulting company so this will be quite a change of pace for me. I was thinkng about going back to get my Masters in something art related, but even then I don't know if I can find a job that will feed me and support my Bbag habit. :graucho: So for once I'm taking the practical route.

Thanks for letting me share! All of my girlfriends think that I've lost my mind- they are all either in law school or doing investment banking (i.e. "serious" things), and I was always the "fun, crazy" one in the group. LOL:P

2. i took the kaplan classes...grad school isn't for me...i didn't even bother with the practice test...it just all seemed so hard.

i really wasn't focused on it. just study really hard they're like SAT questions. kaplan is good they teach you the tricks to the math parts

3. I didn't realize that MHA used the GMAT.
    But yep, much easier than the LSAT, but really not that easy. I actually took Manhattan GMAT and thought they were decent (lot of self-study required though). I really think a class is helpful for the discipline and tips for math and verbal. It's not as easy as the SAT (which now includes calculus anyway).
    I'd definitely recommend a lot of practice tests in a test environment. Good luck and pm me if you have more questions.

4. I took the GRE and the Kaplan course that went with it. I was very pleased with the results. I'd recommend it!

5. My boyfriend just read a book or two. He said if you just study yourself, you should be fine! He scored somewhere in the 700s; i don't really remember. but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good luck!!! :biggrin:

6. Never took the GMAT, but I did take the GRE last year for graduate admission and all I only studied the practice test!! I got full score in math but didn't do so well in the verbal part!!

7. I just bought two books for the GMAT. Amazing the stuff they tell you in there! Anyway, I was wondering the same thing so I'm no help lol but good luck!