Has anyone shopped directly with Vitkac

Hey everyone, had a question about ordering from Vitkac - I just placed an order but they asked for my address details in reverse order from the US format, which is where I live, so the street comes before the house number (____ Ave 1234). I'm guessing this is the Polish format, just wondering if any other people had this and if their delivery went smoothly. Also it looks like duties are included so nothing to pay on arrival, but if anyone has had a different experience I'd love to know. Thank you!
Hi! I'm thinking about ordering from Vitkac. Did you use the polish format for address? Which company did you use for shipping? Thanks in advance!

I ordered 2 bags from there and my package is held at customs and DHL is requesting for my SSN/ Tax ID info and personal information. Has this ever happened to anyone? I am based out in California. It makes me nervous having to give out my SSN/ Tax ID info. Thanks!

Hello, a late reply here but thought I could help answer your question! For the order I posted about previously, I am in the States and I did NOT get charged any additional fees or taxes. Also, the shipping was very quick, 2-3 days at most. It was a great experience for me! Let us know if you end up purchasing something, we would love to see! :loveeyes:
Hi there- was your purchase over $2K and did DHL ask for your SSN/ Tax ID as well? Thanks!

Reactions: sanamarina
It's not a DHL thing, it's the customs thing. All packages over $2000 or $2500 (don't remember the exact number, but you can google it), require formal clearance. Meaning the customs require your SSN or if you are a business a TAX ID to clear a package. Later you will receive a letter from CA Tax Department, they will ask you to pay a 9% tax on your purchase (sales tax). That's why I don't recommend ordering anything over $2000 from overseas unless you are ok paying additional taxes. Hope it helps.

Hi there- was your purchase over $2K and did DHL ask for your SSN/ Tax ID as well? Thanks!
It's not a DHL thing, it's the customs thing. All packages over $2000 or $2500 (don't remember the exact number, but you can google it), require formal clearance. Meaning the customs require your SSN or if you are a business a TAX ID to clear a package. Later you will receive a letter from CA Tax Department, they will ask you to pay a 9% tax on your purchase (sales tax). That's why I don't recommend ordering anything over $2000 from overseas unless you are ok paying additional taxes. Hope it helps.

Oh my. I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know.

I ordered a gift from Vitkac and cannot figure out how to return the item. The website says something about arranging for pickup of the item from my house. Can I just bring it to UPS to send back?

Hoping someone here has return experience you can share!!!

I ordered 2 bags from there and my package is held at customs and DHL is requesting for my SSN/ Tax ID info and personal information. Has this ever happened to anyone? I am based out in California. It makes me nervous having to give out my SSN/ Tax ID info. Thanks!
This happened to me last week too. I ordered 2 SL handbags(mini top handle Cassandra and Medium Envelope). UPS kept calling me, I was scared to give them my SSN. But when you look at Customs and Border Patrol website, it is stated that if the items cost less than 2500$ for personal use, it is processed as informal entry. But mine after 10% the cost was 3500$. They have to do the formal entry. That's why they needed the SSN. I contacted Vitkac about it, was told I shouldn't have to pay any to the govt.

This happened to me last week too. I ordered 2 SL handbags(mini top handle Cassandra and Medium Envelope). UPS kept calling me, I was scared to give them my SSN. But when you look at Customs and Border Patrol website, it is stated that if the items cost less than 2500$ for personal use, it is processed as informal entry. But mine after 10% the cost was 3500$. They have to do the formal entry. That's why they needed the SSN. I contacted Vitkac about it, was told I shouldn't have to pay any to the govt.
Thanks for sharing. So I emailed DHL about sharing my SSN and they responded that my package already cleared and didn't take down my SSN.