Has anyone shopped at Wayfair?

Have you purchased from Wayfair? Tell me about it, if you have. The good and bad.
I've purchased some college apt furniture from them years back. The process was easy and the delivery was quick. I have no complaints. I've been told that they price match. So if you find the exact same item elsewhere (i.e. amazon) you can call their CS and they'll price match over the phone.

I've purchased some college apt furniture from them years back. The process was easy and the delivery was quick. I have no complaints. I've been told that they price match. So if you find the exact same item elsewhere (i.e. amazon) you can call their CS and they'll price match over the phone.

Is it cheap quality? You mentioned college apt and most college kids buy cheap furniture - what they can afford.

Is it cheap quality? You mentioned college apt and most college kids buy cheap furniture - what they can afford.

They also carry more expensive pieces as well but when it comes to expensive furniture, I like to see and feel them in person before I buy.

But the pieces that I did from Wayfair were about 200-300 a piece and they were decent quality. They were better than IKEA quality, at least I think so.

They also carry more expensive pieces as well but when it comes to expensive furniture, I like to see and feel them in person before I buy.

But the pieces that I did from Wayfair were about 200-300 a piece and they were decent quality. They were better than IKEA quality, at least I think so.

I agree about needing to see it in person before I buy. There are bookcases on their that I love but hesitant.

They have excellent customer service. They sent me the wrong item and refunded me since the item I originally wanted was out of stock. I ended up being able to keep the wrong item because they never scheduled UPS to come pick up the item even though I talked to CS multiple times about returning the item.

I would say that the majority of their pieces' quality are similar to what you might see at Home Goods and furniture stores like Ashley.

They are a good company. I buy from them occasionally. You can get cheap stuff and you can get good and high quality stuff. Never had a problem with them.

How do you know, just by pictures, what is high quality and what is cheap?

How do you know, just by pictures, what is high quality and what is cheap?

You have to know the brand to know the difference. Just like Amazon they carry low end stuff and high end stuff. I have never purchased from them, but we are about to move and have our eye on a 16k bedroom set. We have researched this particular bedroom set and we can save a few thousand purchasing from them. The free shipping might also help sway us to buy from them. BUT their prices are not as good as they pretend to be. They go by suggested retail when they talk about their discounts and sometimes those are even marked up. I have never bought from them before because everything I have liked I googled and found it for less elsewhere.

I love Wayfair. have purchased many decor pieces and two mirrored bedroom dressers from them. one arrived damaged, I contacted Wayfair, they sent a replacement and told me to keep the damaged one. New piece arrived the next day!

Just by chance, I saw this console for my living room. I was ready to click buy after reading the reviews. I got side tracked went to Home Goods and there is was the EXACT same piece for WAY less. I quickly purchased - LOL
from Wayfair:
https://www.wayfair.com/One-Allium-Way®-Champaign-TV-Stand-OAWY3168.html

actual:console.jpg

Reactions: Pinksweater
I bought a lighting fixture for a really good deal on Cyber Monday, and even though the description clearly said it included bulbs, it did not. Wayfair offered an additional discount, so I kept it even though I'd have to buy a dozen edison bulbs.

I find the website to be overwhelming though, so I never use it to search for items. I find items elsewhere and then check Wayfair to see if they have the same thing for less. I also like that they have promo codes.