Has anyone shipped bag from OR to CA

Anyone know how much shipping with insurance is from Portland to Southern California for a $4700 Chanel bag? Has anyone done this via usps before with insurance and tracking?

I just sold one of my LV bags last month and shipped it via USPS Registered Mail and it costed me about $35 (shipping/insurance/tracking). I don't think the insurance cost depends on how far you ship, it's the dollar amount that you insure the package for. Btw, my LV bag was sold for $2500.

I've never shipped anything this expensive before so I did a lot of research online beforehand and found out that USPS Registered Mail is one of the safest and cheapest ways to ship high value goods. HTH.

Reactions: nattyt145
2nd. Registered mail is usually the cheapest when you insure a package for a high amount. The item will take a little longer to get there b/c someone has to sign for it at every checkpoint. It is the highest level of security offered by USPS. You will have to make sure to seal every opening on your package with tamper proof gum tape, otherwise your package can't be sent registered mail.

Thanks for the post OP, i was about to make a thread also about sending back a bag to the boutique in california coz we dont have one here in my state. Will be returning a medium/large classic flap because the caviar was not as good as my jumbo. Im so nervous sending it through mail. Was actually thinking of keeping it than loosing a very expensive bag. I called fedex but they dont offer insurance. I guess usps will do. But to the very helpful reply above, where can i buy gum tape? Any other special specifications on packing it?

Thanks for the post OP, i was about to make a thread also about sending back a bag to the boutique in california coz we dont have one here in my state. Will be returning a medium/large classic flap because the caviar was not as good as my jumbo. Im so nervous sending it through mail. Was actually thinking of keeping it than loosing a very expensive bag. I called fedex but they dont offer insurance. I guess usps will do. But to the very helpful reply above, where can i buy gum tape? Any other special specifications on packing it?

You can actually request for a free FedEx return shipping label from your SA or the boutique that you purchased the bag from.

I just sold one of my LV bags last month and shipped it via USPS Registered Mail and it costed me about $35 (shipping/insurance/tracking). I don't think the insurance cost depends on how far you ship, it's the dollar amount that you insure the package for. Btw, my LV bag was sold for $2500.

I've never shipped anything this expensive before so I did a lot of research online beforehand and found out that USPS Registered Mail is one of the safest and cheapest ways to ship high value goods. HTH.
2nd. Registered mail is usually the cheapest when you insure a package for a high amount. The item will take a little longer to get there b/c someone has to sign for it at every checkpoint. It is the highest level of security offered by USPS. You will have to make sure to seal every opening on your package with tamper proof gum tape, otherwise your package can't be sent registered mail.

Thank you so much for the reply and information! I'm assuming it wouldn't cost more than $100 since you said it was about $35 for $2500. Do any of you know an estimate of how much it typically cost? Or is it by weight?

Thank you so much for the reply and information! I'm assuming it wouldn't cost more than $100 since you said it was about $35 for $2500. Do any of you know an estimate of how much it typically cost? Or is it by weight?
Cost is about $20 for the size of medium bag with USPS priority 2-3 days but if you buy insurance it's about $14 for every $1000, so $5000 would cost you about $70 more. I would recommend you go with ups or Fedex, no need to buy insurance because they are more reliable and traceable when USPS takes forever to reach their customer service and resolution center if something happens :sad:

Reactions: Plumeria233