Has anyone seen tomato????

i saw the tomato with GSH in the work and a RH tomato in the first. compared to the vif, the tomato is brighter. the way i see it tomato really is like a tomato while vif looks more strawberry colored.

the undertones on it are very very slight... tomato is a darker vermilion.

livethelake, if you love a bright red, you will love tomato. :smile: it is pretty!

^^WHOA! Brighter than Vif?!?!

I'm confused - if tomato is an red/orange and vif is a red/blue - then tomato would be closer to Vermillion, no?

(sorry confused)

I just got back from NM and they had three tomato days. The color is a gorgy red, exactly the shade I've been looking for. BUT - the leather was very shiny and veiny...I was bummed as there was a tomato hobo with GH with perfect leather.

If I can find a tomato day with great leather, life will be good :smile:

^^^OMG Live~ you really need to find your perfect red bag already!!!!!!~ the search has been going on way too long!!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Maybe you would like the one I saw at Barney's? It was more "wrinkly" looking (no white veins) but it was shiny.

Here's the 2007 GH Rouge City that I just bought. It's a very bright red color. The picture did not look that good though.
attachment.php

OK, here are some comparison pics between my Vermilion Money Wallet and Tomato Coin Purse --

Direct sunlight
IMG_0599_1_1_watermarked.jpg

Indirect sunlight
IMG_0600_2_1_watermarked.jpg

Now, I know it's ever-so-slight, but there IS a difference between the two colors. There is a blue tinge to Tomato, bar-none! It's not as intense a blue undertone as that of Rouge Vif, but it's definitely there. Vermilion is more orange-y.

My verdict, I LURVVVVVV them both... :heart::smile: Since I got my Vermilion earlier in the season you can see the definite differences in each item's leather texture. Where the Vermilion has that veiny, 06 touch to it, the Tomato is MUCH smoother and, dare I say, (to coin hmwe's term) CHEWY!

HTH!