Has anyone seen this Ebay action...

fiatflux said:
Look at her other auctions - she has actually posted an auction to rent a Speedy that SHE HASN'T EVEN PURCHASED YET!!! She just couldn't wait to list it because she 'realized that all of you are going to want to rent an LV Speedy!!' She is going to purchase the bag tomorrow. This just gets more and more bizarre!
I don't use eBay, but shouldn't that be against their rules to list something you don't even have possession of?

I get a feeling that she may send out that bag to the renter and then never see it again.

I can't believe that I JUST discovered this forum, it's like my calling! I really hope this bag renting idea works out, I am very nervous. I have thought about the possibility of getting back an abused bag or not getting it back at all...that's why I am taking a 50% deposit... any thoughts? I needed a summer project, here it is!

User857857 said:
I can't believe that I JUST discovered this forum, it's like my calling! I really hope this bag renting idea works out, I am very nervous. I have thought about the possibility of getting back an abused bag or not getting it back at all...that's why I am taking a 50% deposit... any thoughts? I needed a summer project, here it is!
:huh:

sratsey said:
I'd be worried about getting the bags back, and not just that, I imagine that the wear and tear on these bag is going to be 10,000 times what an "average" bag goes through.
I can't imagine that she'd be able to "rent" them for more than a few months before they're so crappy looking, no one would want them.
Then she'd have to take all the money just to restock the bag.

Agreed and the fear of a returned fake bag!

evolkatie said:
This lady is going to get scammed. Honestly, I'd probably cancel my credit card after I recieve it. Lol It's a hassle but someone's going to do it for a really cheap bag.

Haha -- I guess I'm not renting to you! Would someone really do that? I am going to have the CC checked out before I ship the bag. Also, they can't send me back a fake or I will just charge the credit card. I am also going to chat with the renters for a while to make sure they are legit and have their head on their shoulders. I believe that this is allowed by eBay and I think this could be really fun. People always e-mail me and ask things like layaway, rent, buy and return in a few weeks, etc., I think this idea could work really well -- or not, as the case may be, but how well will we know if we don't try? At some point I would like to figure out how to rent Birkins, I think that would be a huge hit because so many people want them who can't afford them, but at this point that is WAY too big a risk.