Has anyone seen these two bags in person?

1. I am wondering if anyone can narrate the difference in the greens. I have seen the tote in person, but wonder if the patent leather would date the bag. I like the satchel, but all I have are satchels and I would like to branch out.

MJ Satchel.jpg MJ Tote.jpg
  2. I saw the tote yesterday at Bloomies. The green is sort of a retro sour apple green. Its pretty. I love patent leather it always looks so new and ready to go. They also had the bowler in the same color.

3. I've only seen the satchel. It is a very pretty green. I think it will have more staying power.

4. Kat-do you know what I mean by the patent "dating" the bag? Those were my thoughts about the satchel having more staying power, too!

5. I think the patent dates the bag too..I woulf stick to the satchel..There is another version of the SATCHEL that I love even more..its 975 and also called the MIA..check it out...I may get it yet!

6. I LOVE MJ, so don't get me wrong... But here's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth:

I love the patent aspect of the tote and the color. BUT I think it looks kinda dated... It reminds me of my giant totebag/bookbag from junior high, but in leather! I think it's kinda hard to wear on the shoulder and it's a bit bulky... If you really want to branch out but want to stay in the green realm and want a shoulder bag, what about the Hobo--it also comes in green. It looks like this:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod27370007&parentId=cat5010737&masterId=cat6920731&index=3&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat6920731cat5010737

The Mia satchel is ok, but I think it'll get old too. It's got a lot going on for being a smaller bag and I'm not a big fan of the amount of gold hardware on the bag. I just don't get the gold attachments for the strap to the bag, then the zipper, then that thingy in the front...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice