Has anyone seen these in person? help!

monicalvlv

Nov 28, 2017
Hi! I’m thinking about getting my very first Chanel while I visit Paris (for the first time too) but I’m not too sure if I want to pull the trigger on the classic medium or reissue just yet. I found these seasonal bags but since I live so far from a Chanel boutique store, I wanted to ask if anyone has seen any of these in person and if so, could you tell me your thoughts on it? If you have any photos could you please share them? Thank you in advance for all the help!

1) camera case: I really like the look of this one and the leather too but I was wondering if this fits more than Chanel mini (Rectangular/square) and also if the strap length is more like the mini square or rec (I prefer the length on the square...)
IMG_6438.JPG

2) flap bag: I feel like there’s a variation of this in size and color (navy, black, white?) Any thoughts on this particular style? Should I just go with classic instead of this?
IMG_6398.JPG

3) camera case: anyone know if this comes in something other than lambskin? It looks so beautiful and between 1 and 3 if you had to choose what would it be?IMG_6413.JPG

Hi! I’m thinking about getting my very first Chanel while I visit Paris (for the first time too) but I’m not too sure if I want to pull the trigger on the classic medium or reissue just yet. I found these seasonal bags but since I live so far from a Chanel boutique store, I wanted to ask if anyone has seen any of these in person and if so, could you tell me your thoughts on it? If you have any photos could you please share them? Thank you in advance for all the help!

1) camera case: I really like the look of this one and the leather too but I was wondering if this fits more than Chanel mini (Rectangular/square) and also if the strap length is more like the mini square or rec (I prefer the length on the square...)
View attachment 4410971

2) flap bag: I feel like there’s a variation of this in size and color (navy, black, white?) Any thoughts on this particular style? Should I just go with classic instead of this?
View attachment 4410972

3) camera case: anyone know if this comes in something other than lambskin? It looks so beautiful and between 1 and 3 if you had to choose what would it be?View attachment 4410973
I've seen all 3 in my local store.
The middle being the most recent one.
Unfortunately I didn't personally try them on. But the 1st pic.. I almost wanted the Pink version. But my SA did not think it was that great. He mentioned smthg abt the strap.
The middle pic.. saw a lady trying on the Black. It looks very very roomy. A very casual looking bag. Maybe a everyday workhorse type.
The 3rd.. camera case. I love the vintage style on this. It may fit abt the same as mini Rec.. but the top zipper makes it look very casual, which im totally ok with it. But really.. depends on your personal style n purpose.
So. NO to the first.
Maybe Not to the second.
Likely a Yes to the third.

Thank you so much for posting this question. I am going crazy about the third camera bag except I want the bigger version and I am hoping to haunt it down while on my upcoming trip to London. There is literally nothing about that bag anywhere, no video, no pictures like it’s nonexistent and I think it is such a beautiful remake of the vintage bag that looks exactly alike.
Hopefully some lucky ladies that have will chime in with more info.

All the Ladies out there please share the photos of the beautiful bags above!
⭐️⭐️⭐️

So I own the 1st bag & a flap bag similar to the 2nd bag. Both are great bags. The 1st bag is one of my favorite bags: it’s carefree, fits quite a bit, can be worn crossbody (I’m 5’4 with boobs lol), & it comes with a little cute charm on the bag. I was gonna sell it to make room for another purchase but decided against it as it’s actually an all-season, all-weather bag (the only one of its kind in my Chanel collection). Great for traveling!

The 2nd bag is gorgeous. I saw a lady trying it on in the store. It fits more than the 1st bag. It’s less casual than the 1st bag, but can be worn dressed up or down. It too can be worn crossbody but its a little bulky if worn that way. Either bag would be a great choice. Depends on your lifestyle, wardrobe, & how much you need to carry. I’m not a fan of the 3rd bag. Good luck with your choice!

Later today or tomorrow, I can take some pics of what fits in the camera case vs the mini & the flap bag.

Reactions: Frillylily
So I own the 1st bag & a flap bag similar to the 2nd bag. Both are great bags. The 1st bag is one of my favorite bags: it’s carefree, fits quite a bit, can be worn crossbody (I’m 5’4 with boobs lol), & it comes with a little cute charm on the bag. I was gonna sell it to make room for another purchase but decided against it as it’s actually an all-season, all-weather bag (the only one of its kind in my Chanel collection). Great for traveling!

The 2nd bag is gorgeous. I saw a lady trying it on in the store. It fits more than the 1st bag. It’s less casual than the 1st bag, but can be worn dressed up or down. It too can be worn crossbody but its a little bulky if worn that way. Either bag would be a great choice. Depends on your lifestyle, wardrobe, & how much you need to carry. I’m not a fan of the 3rd bag. Good luck with your choice!

I tried the second bag on in the largest size available. I had reservations about this bag. First, I felt the leather would scratch up too easily. Second, wearing it crossbody was way too bulky. However, I did like the looks and wearability. The first bag has leather that will wear like a work horse! I tried it on in the largest size available. I love it but passed due to having just purchased a Chanel totebag. The last bag is lambskin. Lovely, but not on my radar. I say the first bag!

Reactions: LVLOYAL12
I've seen all 3 in my local store.
The middle being the most recent one.
Unfortunately I didn't personally try them on. But the 1st pic.. I almost wanted the Pink version. But my SA did not think it was that great. He mentioned smthg abt the strap.
The middle pic.. saw a lady trying on the Black. It looks very very roomy. A very casual looking bag. Maybe a everyday workhorse type.
The 3rd.. camera case. I love the vintage style on this. It may fit abt the same as mini Rec.. but the top zipper makes it look very casual, which im totally ok with it. But really.. depends on your personal style n purpose.
So. NO to the first.
Maybe Not to the second.
Likely a Yes to the third.

My SA raves about the 1st bag. No mention of anything about the strap. I haven’t had issues. It’s crazy how everyone’s taste is different lol. The pink camera case is adorable!

I just bought the second bag! It was not my first choice but the medium classic is no longer in my budget. I love the size of the bag and the leather felt like it would be able to withstand some wear and tear. I am not a fan of the creases/crevices on the sides of the bag or the leather comfort strap (I think I can tuck that under). The light champagne gold has grown on me and I think it looks more casual for an everyday look. Does anyone know if the bag has a specific name or if it is just a generic "flap bag"? I can take pictures when I return home later today.

I just bought the second bag! It was not my first choice but the medium classic is no longer in my budget. I love the size of the bag and the leather felt like it would be able to withstand some wear and tear. I am not a fan of the creases/crevices on the sides of the bag or the leather comfort strap (I think I can tuck that under). The light champagne gold has grown on me and I think it looks more casual for an everyday look. Does anyone know if the bag has a specific name or if it is just a generic "flap bag"? I can take pictures when I return home later today.

It is called the “Gusset” bag due to creases or gussets on the side due to the three open compartments.

Thank you everyone for such lovely and helpful comments! I am leaning towards the first bag! Before reading these comments I was leaning heavily towards just getting the classic flap in small (if I can find it) or the classic woc, but I worry that the classic flap and woc would be too small and especially the flap I think I’ll end up babying it too much to truly enjoy! Also the chain length on both bags is far from perfect for my needs... I thought since these are seasonal, I should go with maybe the business affinity but was told that the black one is sold out in Italy and Paris...

The first bag sounds like a dream! Does anyone know if any Chanel boutique in Paris will have it? I’m currently in Venice, heading to Paris tomorrow and worry that it might be sold out :sad:.

Anyone also know how the first bag compares to the business affinity?

Reactions: LVLOYAL12
Ok here are some comparison photos:
CC Day camera case can hold all items pictured plus my iPhone X with a bulky case & a slim card holder in front pocket (not pictured). Normally I don’t carry my passport around (rather my LV mini pochette), but since you’re traveling here you go.

Chanel mini holds everything pictured plus a slim card case (not pictured)

Chain drop is longer on mini rectangle.

My flap is large so not even worth trying to compare...I’d compare capacity of that to the amount of items I’d place in my LV speedy 25.

Not the greatest mod shots, but here you go. Mini is past my hip & camera case is right at my hip. I’m 5’4. Medium build with boobs lol. Hope this helps!

IMG_1425.JPGIMG_1426.JPGIMG_1427.JPGIMG_0892.JPG

Thank you everyone for such lovely and helpful comments! I am leaning towards the first bag! Before reading these comments I was leaning heavily towards just getting the classic flap in small (if I can find it) or the classic woc, but I worry that the classic flap and woc would be too small and especially the flap I think I’ll end up babying it too much to truly enjoy! Also the chain length on both bags is far from perfect for my needs... I thought since these are seasonal, I should go with maybe the business affinity but was told that the black one is sold out in Italy and Paris...

The first bag sounds like a dream! Does anyone know if any Chanel boutique in Paris will have it? I’m currently in Venice, heading to Paris tomorrow and worry that it might be sold out :sad:.

Anyone also know how the first bag compares to the business affinity?

I’ve tried on Business Affinity bag (I get around lol)...it’s a little larger & has a handle. Always buy what you love, but when I don’t buy a classic handbag, I definitely purchase items that have classic components. While the camera case is not “classic Chanel” it is a classic handbag silhouette. If you google Chanel handbags to own, a camera case will be on that list (if that type of thing matters to you). Ok I’ve said enough (sorry!!)

I’ve tried on Business Affinity bag (I get around lol)...it’s a little larger & has a handle. Always buy what you love, but when I don’t buy a classic handbag, I definitely purchase items that have classic components. While the camera case is not “classic Chanel” it is a classic handbag silhouette. If you google Chanel handbags to own, a camera case will be on that list (if that type of thing matters to you). Ok I’ve said enough (sorry!!)

Thank you so much!!! I love the chain length of the camera bag! I didn’t know the mini could fit so much and thank you for the comparison!!!!!!

I think the camera bag is something that fits my lifestyle and I like how versatile that black caviar one looks so I’ll do everything I could to track it down! May I ask when you were able to purchase it? I worry I may be too late...

Thank you so much!!! I love the chain length of the camera bag! I didn’t know the mini could fit so much and thank you for the comparison!!!!!!

I think the camera bag is something that fits my lifestyle and I like how versatile that black caviar one looks so I’ll do everything I could to track it down! May I ask when you were able to purchase it? I worry I may be too late...

I purchased it from Neiman Marcus (Chicago) in November of 2018. Its part of the 2019 cruise collection. IMG_1435.JPG

Reactions: thefashionact
I actually saw #2 bag yesterday and the leather was VERY soft and I actually thought it would be too delicate (then might as well find something in lambskin). I liked the size a lot and thought it could even be small enough to look decent as a crossbody (I'm 5'6") but ultimately decided I didn't like the leather enough to purchase.