Has anyone seen the Wine and Bread Tote?

Don't pay 185 to be green there are hundreds of green bags out there and a lot cheaper! here is an idea too with huge free marketing appeal .....RM could have gifted these bags to pfers?

Does anyone else think $185 is extremely steep for something like this?

I hear you. I sort of understand why it costs so much (it IS partly leather, right?), but there's no way I can justify spending that much on something like it. Not only would it be heavy if you were to use it as a grocery bag, but I'd be afraid of getting it dirty AND you can't roll it up and carry it in your purse like a simple nylon or canvas bag.

I'd rather they made an all-canvas or canvas and vinyl version at a more affordable price (then I'd buy multiples!).

It's very cute, but I don't think I'd use it for groceries. I'd worry that the chicken would leak in it or something. I'll stick to the $1 Whole Food bags.

I kind of want one though!:yes:

Does anyone else think $185 is extremely steep for something like this?

I agree with you since Anya Hindmarch’s "I am not a plastic bag" retailed for $15. Even though this bag has more pockets and more detailing, etc, I still don't think it justifies the $185 price tag. Plus I was hoping more than 5% would go to charity since the margin for this bag is probably relatively large.

Geez, yeah. I bought 8 Whole Foods bags (family of 5!) for under $8. I'll stick with those. I don't consider going to the grocery to be the most fashionable thing I do, so I don't care what the bags look like as long as they don't go in the trash every week...

$185 to go green? No way. Grocery bags get so dirty: milk leaks, produce wets the bag etc. I bought my trader Joes bags for $2 & get so many compliments (island style). My local winery is giving away gorgeous purple totes.

Now that I've had a better look at this I'm much less excited. It's certainly cute but I don't know now that I can justify the purchase when there are so many other cute "green" bags available at more reasonable prices - not to mention the material used here isn't practical for groceries! Thanks for your input, ladies. Sometimes I need a little nudge in the right direction :smile:

I agree. It's cute but it's not $185 cute. For my "green" totes I already have canvas and cloth totes that other retailers give me for free when I shop at their stores/spas (Bliss and a Candy shop near my house have free ones that you get with a retail purchase, and TJ Maxx has them for $1!) so it's pretty hard to justify paying $185 for this. It's too bad, it's really cute! :sad: I would pay like $60 for something like this though.