Has anyone seen the Quilted Ella Mini Tote

Apr 25, 2007
Have considered the Ella Nylon Tote in mini for a while but I mostly own leather bags. Then I saw the leather quilted Ella on the new website lineup. I love the strap and the fact that it closes. I also have a chain and navy leather strap from another TB bag that I could use if I wasn't fond of the chain/leather combo. At first I wanted black but I did love their navy. Called CS and they don't feel the stores will get it. What do you think about it? I'd love your thoughts ap- especially those with Ella's or quilted items!

Have considered the Ella Nylon Tote in mini for a while but I mostly own leather bags. Then I saw the leather quilted Ella on the new website lineup. I love the strap and the fact that it closes. I also have a chain and navy leather strap from another TB bag that I could use if I wasn't fond of the chain/leather combo. At first I wanted black but I did love their navy. Called CS and they don't feel the stores will get it. What do you think about it? I'd love your thoughts ap- especially those with Ella's or quilted items!
I got this very bag a month or so ago and absolutely love it! And "mini" in the name is really misleading - I feel that it's still a good-sized bag! It's the soft, quilted leather, but it still stands up and holds its shape. It does ever-so-slightly sink in on the sides if you don't have very much inside - I tend to throw a cardigan in the bottom just to fill it out a bit. The Tory Navy is dark enough that if you're out in the evening, it almost looks black. I'd definitely recommend it!!! :smile:

It doesn't really close though in case that's a deal breaker for you. There's a small flap in between the straps about half the width of the bag that is held in place by a hidden magnet. Surprisingly, the flap never gets in the way and it shuts itself without having to snap/buckle/zip anything shut. If you stuffed the bag full, it's likely not to stay shut though.

I got this very bag a month or so ago and absolutely love it! And "mini" in the name is really misleading - I feel that it's still a good-sized bag! It's the soft, quilted leather, but it still stands up and holds its shape. It does ever-so-slightly sink in on the sides if you don't have very much inside - I tend to throw a cardigan in the bottom just to fill it out a bit. The Tory Navy is dark enough that if you're out in the evening, it almost looks black. I'd definitely recommend it!!! :smile:

It doesn't really close though in case that's a deal breaker for you. There's a small flap in between the straps about half the width of the bag that is held in place by a hidden magnet. Surprisingly, the flap never gets in the way and it shuts itself without having to snap/buckle/zip anything shut. If you stuffed the bag full, it's likely not to stay shut though.
No I carry very little and just love the look of the bag. How is the chain leather strap? I'm not too worried about the structure as it seems that so many bags are 5" wide and rigid and I want something a bit more flexible. No zipper does not bother me at all. Were you able to get this during a sale?

I don't use the chain strap on this bag. I just use the handles.

I do have other TB bags with the chain strap -Fleming Medium Bag, Fleming Totes, Marion Tote- and I actually prefer the chain strap over leather shoulder straps. I feel like bags are just easier to carry with the chain. With long, leather straps, I feel like I always have to make sure it doesn't get twisted on itself.

I don't use the chain strap on this bag. I just use the handles.

I do have other TB bags with the chain strap -Fleming Medium Bag, Fleming Totes, Marion Tote- and I actually prefer the chain strap over leather shoulder straps. I feel like bags are just easier to carry with the chain. With long, leather straps, I feel like I always have to make sure it doesn't get twisted on itself.
What do you like using this bag mostly for? I too have several TBs and just lthought this might be a good everyday one. How do you feel it's different from others?