Has anyone seen the New MBMJ Natasha?

Thank goodness I already have the original version, because I don't care for this one at all. I don't like the wider strap and I hate that extra comfort thingy on top...makes it look like luggage and not a purse, IMHO anyway. Guess MJ just saved me some $$$$:smile:

Looks like the strap is also detachable. Which is weird and unnecessary because it's not like you could carry the Natasha comfortably as a clutch. The nameplate in front also looks smaller, more rectangular. Lastly the gold in the gold hardware looks really copper/yellow-orange. This is similar to the hardware on my MbMJ zippy wallet that I bought during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I'm not crazy about it. Wish it had the brighter lighter tone gold hardware.

I saw one at Nordstroms today. It's kinda of weird to me. The straps are a bit wider and the inside of the bag is black. I think I would rather stick to the older style.
Agree! I don't find the proportions of the new bag as pleasing as the original. I think they must have been listening to feedback complaining about the thin strap - unfortunately, the designer was originally right that a thicker strap, while probably more comfortable, is definitely not as visually attractive....the lack of pleats makes it look quite bland too. This is my favourite bag for travelling.

I saw it at Nordies. As others have mentioned, it looks weird, plain and too utilitarian. More like a camera bag... Leather was not up to it's price point at all. I hope the previous style isn't going away.

I have yet to see it in person (I'm on a ban and avoiding all purse sections in the stores), but looking at the picture, it reminds me of the Michael Kors version of the Natasha because his is smooth too.

I have yet to see it in person (I'm on a ban and avoiding all purse sections in the stores), but looking at the picture, it reminds me of the Michael Kors version of the Natasha because his is smooth too. MK also has a detachable strap, but he does have a shorter strap that can be used instead.

I've seen this version as well as a black quilted type that is now available. I am not impressed, especially since they changed AND shortened the strap! Wearing this bag crossbody if you're too tall or busty is now a pain (21" is not long enough!). Get the old style while you can :/ I am so disappointed.