Has anyone seen the Modern Chain flap bag?

Wow, that is so unique. I like it! Is it heavier than a classic flap because of the chain?

I am not sure if it is heavier than a caviar classic flap. But the good thing is 1) the leather itself is a soft, light kinda leather, and 2) this chain strap is actually quite comfortable to be carry on shoulder. So when I put my stuff in the bag is not like it's super heavy. So I am ok with the weight.

This bag is so versatile. It looks good on ya. It can totally go from day to night. Hikarupanda, do they comes in different sizes?

No, ot only comes in one size, I'd say it might be able to carry slightly more than a medium caviar flap because 1) the leather is soft not stiff, and 2) it only has 1 flap, so it save some spaces. But I am never a big shoulder bag person because of my height. So I am happy with the size too.

Thanks all!

Nope, so far I have only seen the flap in black. BUT I did see the grey in the Modern Chain line and I do not like that grey.....it's not really a grey color, it has kinda a tan color to it. I don't know how to explain that color but to me it's not grey (chanel's description of color is so off lately......I mean look at the cloudy bundle line!!)

I think the flap would also look great in white.

Has anyone seen red???

Hi all, sorry for the wait! After deciding against the red diamond shine flap (color doesn't suit me) and the black diamond shine flap (too similar to the glazed lambskin star-stitched I already have), this is my NEWEST baby - the Modern Chain Flap Bag!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

This is a very unique bag, the look of the leather kinda reminds me the black washed lambskin done this year spring and summer. But the leather is very very soft, and kinda raw looking. But I think the soft leather with the hard-core huge chain is a great mix. I like that the bag is so soft so it could fit quite a lot. And I think it is very versatile that you can dress it up but also it looks totally fine if I wear just T-shirt, jeans and flip-flop. The only thing I am not sure is I am also dying to see how the red look, except that my store didn't get any other colors besides black in the flap bag style. But my SA is going to order a red from Hawaii so when it comes, I am going to decide whether I should keep the black or the red. The price is $1525, which is not that bad for a chanel.

The other thing I can catch with my inspector's eyes though is that all the bags available in the boutique, the CC logo is slightly leaning towards the right..........but o well...

Hey Hikaru

So you finally decided on the Modern Chain! Congrats.. it looks wonderful on you! :love: How I love the soft lambskin look...goodness now I'm like dying to have this in red!
Do you mind me asking what the model number is for this flap?

Wow, that flap is gorgeous! I like the funky chain on these bags a lot. The Outdoor tote has a similar antique silver chunky chain which was one of the main draws for me when deciding between it and the Diamond Stitch.