Has anyone seen the MK bags that look like speedys?

rrachel

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
I saw these today while I was shopping at Macy's and I couldn't believe Michael Kors would so blatantly copy Louis Vuitton like that! Obvious attempt at a damier azur and a mono speedy. He even makes different sizes!

image-2463183594.png

Yes, I can see where they seem quite alike. But it's not super identical. There is "MK" instead of "LV". Also has a gold plated fob hanging from the handle. Maybe MK lost his creative touch perhaps?

He has bags that have similar designs to LV, Prada, & Burberry. I was shocked to see that the bags were almost identical in design. However, I do think that it is nice that the styles of the HE brands are available at a less expensive price and it is still a quality item. I own a couple of MK bags and are pleased with them.

I have a MK orange leather shoulder bag that I love. It is so soft and such a pretty color of orange. I got it at Macy's a few years ago and keep looking for more MK bags to buy since then. But I haven't been able to find any since then that I love.

So..with that being said..Do any of you think I can check the sizes of the MK to compare to a speedy 30?? I dont live near a LV and more than likely order online and don't want to regret the size I get!

Omg I was in Macy's today I thought the same exact thing... From a distance I was like wait they have Louis Vuitton on display like that ... Than I got closer n it was MK ... There is one that looks like the Speedy.. N one that looks exactly like the Neverfull.. And one that looks like the Totally.. I was shocked because they are very very similar expect with MK not LV ... Crazy.. I told my boyfriend come over here u have to see this.. And he's like don't u have enough Louie's.. And I'm like it's not a Louie its another designer he was like wow it looks like them.. Then he saw the price and said u should have gotten these instead... Lol....

So..with that being said..Do any of you think I can check the sizes of the MK to compare to a speedy 30?? I dont live near a LV and more than likely order online and don't want to regret the size I get!

I think you can. Take a small tape measure and measure the MK bags to see which one is closest to the speedy 30.

jazzyj1021 said:

Well i wish I had posted this while I was still in the mall! I could have held my 35 next to it to compare. The azur looking ones on the table looked 35 sized.

Plenty of brands have bags that are a similar shape - Gucci has the Boston, Burberry created a similar shape with the Novacheck canvas. I wouldn't exactly call the Speedy an uber-innovative shape.

I saw the MKs - the sequin and the lame - both were a bit much for my tastes. But if one wanted the same shape for less dough, understandable :smile:

There are many brands' bags that look similar to LV's :sad: pretty annoying to look at those to be honest :sad: Anyway, LV bags are always the most beautiful and still look unique compared to other bags :biggrin: