Has anyone seen the color "Prune"

valencia

City Dweller
O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
Was talkng to an SA who mentioned hearing about the color but she had not actually seen it so she couldn't describe it. Just curious how it compares to raisin.

Oh no Valencia....the SAs have a great way of confusing us all!! I bet it will be a similar color to raisin. Raisin was so popular when it first came out..and still is!! I would assume it would be similar...perhaps a little more purplish. I have not seen or heard about it.

I've seen the swatches of Prune in Boxcalf and Swift, and it's absolutely gorgeous!!!! It's a dark red with a hint of purple and a hint of brown: like dark red wine!!!! Nothing to do with Raisin, which is purple!!

I have a prune Kelly and the color is very different from raisin. I agree with duna and frenchiefan on the color description. My prune is chevre mysore and it's like a very, very dark red wine with brown tones.

Here are pics when I was still "La Vanguardia" lol!

Attachments

• Prune_Kelly_LaVan2.jpg
    Prune_Kelly_LaVan2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Prune_Kelly_LaVan.jpg
    Prune_Kelly_LaVan.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 217
My Early America shawl is in the color-way "prune", and I would describe it as a cordovan brown. Don't know how it translates to leather. Here is a picture of it on the shawl.

Attachments

• 110295144_o.jpg
    110295144_o.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 202
In Boxcalf it's definately more red than either brown or purple: it's a very warm burgandy colour, that reminds me of dark red velvet (it's a childhood memory, I don't even know if it exists anymore!) but, even though I'm particularly partial towards Box, I can guarantee that, if you like H reds, you can't NOT love this colour!!!!! I'm going to order something in it ASAP!!!!!!!:tup: