Has anyone seen Manolo labels like this?

ctlwyer

Mar 8, 2007
Hi everyone!

I got these off ebay, but now that they have arrived, I wonder about them. The leather soles on the bottom have the Manolo Blahnik branding, but its the label on the inside I wonder about. It looks like the regular Manolo label, but instead of the label being flat and kinda "inside the sole" so to speak, --instead there are two end slits and the label remains raised in the center and only attached where it goes into the slits.... check the pic..... are these fake? Have you seen labels like this? I have never seen the label loose so to speak. All of my other Manolos I got at Neiman's and their labels are flat and cannot be moved. This one (because of the slits) I can move the label side to side.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Label pic.jpg
    Label pic.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 604
  • label 2.jpg
    label 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
The label is real but I have never seen them inserted like that. That is not to say they don't exist, this is an old style so I guess anything is possible. I really can't imagine this style would be faked, it's not exactly a popular one. If I had to give you an answer, I'd say they are real but I'd have to see more of the shoe.

YES! I have a pair with that label...they are vintage, 1989-1990. The label is not sttiched, and appears inserted into the slits. If the markings on the sole are the words MANOLO BLAHNIK in the serif font by the toes, and the leather mark, made in Italy, and size are on the instep, you are probably fine. This picture from the MB exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art:
metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/80000696?rpp=60&pg=1&ft=Vald%EF%BF%BDs%2c+Manolo+%28Spanish%2c+born+1942%29&pos=21

I have a similiar issue.. If these are vintage, then how come the label is so clean and white looking? Thoughts?

file:///Users/AREFKurt/Desktop/ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392165902.035692.jpg

I have a similiar issue.. If these are vintage, then how come the label is so clean and white looking? Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392165902.035692.jpg

They probably barely wore them or cleaned the insoles. I've touched up labels with a little oxyclean and a Qtip :smile:

file:///Users/AREFKurt/Desktop/ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392165902.035692.jpg

Hi everyone!

I got these off ebay, but now that they have arrived, I wonder about them. The leather soles on the bottom have the Manolo Blahnik branding, but its the label on the inside I wonder about. It looks like the regular Manolo label, but instead of the label being flat and kinda "inside the sole" so to speak, --instead there are two end slits and the label remains raised in the center and only attached where it goes into the slits.... check the pic..... are these fake? Have you seen labels like this? I have never seen the label loose so to speak. All of my other Manolos I got at Neiman's and their labels are flat and cannot be moved. This one (because of the slits) I can move the label side to side.

Thanks!!
Looks like someone has put new insole in and tried to keep the original label.
The label is usually sewn under the insole under or sometimes on top.

I have MB's with this exact label. The shoe you're showing is more vintage, that's an older heel that I haven't seen in some years. But yes, that label is fine and authentic as is.