Has anyone returned/exchanged LV bag in the US which was purchased outside the US?

woodscape6

Jan 16, 2013
A friend of mine may be buying a bag for me in Dubai. I don't want her to have to go crazy checking the bag (as I would :lol:). So I am wondering, if there is something wrong, or I don't like something about the bag, is it returnable when it gets back to the US? Assuming its within 14 days. Has anyone had this situation?
Also, does anyone know if there is a customs charge to bring a bag back to the US.

A friend of mine may be buying a bag for me in Dubai. I don't want her to have to go crazy checking the bag (as I would :lol:). So I am wondering, if there is something wrong, or I don't like something about the bag, is it returnable when it gets back to the US? Assuming its within 14 days. Has anyone had this situation?
Also, does anyone know if there is a customs charge to bring a bag back to the US.
Found out they can be exchanged for equal or higher priced item as long as it is a product made in the US.

Yes, you have to pay duty.

Be careful: sometimes it's not a good idea to buy something somewhere else and bring it into the country.

For example, when I go to the US, I don't buy LV. Items are actually cheaper here in Canada than in the States and I get dinged with customs and taxes on top of it because it's over the $800 duty-free limit (and, no, I don't screw around with trying to cheat customs; that's a great way to ensure that you are permanently hassled everytime you go through the border by a group that has greater arrest/detention/search powers than regular cops).

So, not only do I have to deal with currency exchange (and the possibility of losing money that way), but also possibly higher prices, state taxes on purchases, and then Canadian customs/taxes ... yeah, it doesn't make any sense to buy outside of home.

Now, if the Euro crashes ... then I'll sing a different tune.