Has anyone regret getting the Capucines MM?

ypph

Feb 23, 2008
Given the many comments that people have with the weight of this bag, I wonder if any of you regretted buying one and decided to sell it?

How is the weight compared to the Diorissimo Bull Calf Large size?

Given the many comments that people have with the weight of this bag, I wonder if any of you regretted buying one and decided to sell it?

How is the weight compared to the Diorissimo Bull Calf Large size?
No, luv the bag! The leather is just beautiful. The weight does not bother me. Here are my lovelies:

Reactions: celine666666
It is a gorgeous bag and I love taurillon leather. I bought a violet Capu for my Mom and she can carry it on her shoulder, because she is petite. I myself found the bag a big too heavy until I tried the black Capu with Python handle.

I think this bag would be worth the weight. It's just gorgeous!!

+2

It's absolutely worth the weight! I was hesitant until I saw the one in Capucines color and then I was like "I don't care, I'll go to the gym and lift weights if I have to - anything for this bag!" LOL :biggrin: Then I got the black one also. Would not even consider selling either one. And now that I've got used to the weight, I don't even really notice it.

My Black Cap with Hot Pink interior is worth the weight. It's great, I have this Black handbag that goes with everything. Then I open it up and look inside and it's Hot hot pink! My favorite color. :giggles:

Also, I like hand held handbags. My tastes have changed over the years. I feel elegant carrying it. In fact, I'm going to change into it when I get home from work today. :happydance:

My Black Cap with Hot Pink interior is worth the weight. It's great, I have this Black handbag that goes with everything. Then I open it up and look inside and it's Hot hot pink! My favorite color. :giggles:

Also, I like hand held handbags. My tastes have changed over the years. I feel elegant carrying it. In fact, I'm going to change into it when I get home from work today. :happydance:

Hey Tulip2, is that black actually a very dark navy? I was reading on the other Capucines thread that it's navy /fuschia. And when I checked the website the colour code is cobalt? And do you know whether this is a classic colour? I've seen them around for at least 6 months now and it's still around

Oops just realised my thread topic needs fixing! Meant to be 'regretted' not 'regretting' 😁 can our mods fix that? 😝 must have typed too fast I made a mistake

I'm so pleased to hear that everyone loves the bag even though it's heavy. Does anyone here also own a Diorissimo for weight comparison? :biggrin:

I have both. They are equally heavily (maybe the Capu is slightly more). I rarely wear mine, not because I don't like it, but it's too formal of a bag to take out. So when I do take it out for dinners and such, it's for a short period of time so the weight doesn't bother me too much. I did one time take it out for the entire day, and DH ended up carrying it for me for half the day because it was so darn heavy. I don't regret. I love a good leather bag and the Capu is nothing short of a great leather bag. Between the two (Capu vs. Diorissimo), I still like my Diorissimo more. It is more versatile with its shoulder strap and I feel like I can wear it for a longer period of time than my Capu. Over the summer I took my rouge vif large Diorissimo with me on travel and he weight didn't bother me too much (I had lots of things in it). I can't imagine traveling with my Capu. But then again, I would never carry such a large bag like my Diorssimo to a formal event, but the Capu can definitely work. There are definitely pros and cons to both but they are not the same (comparing apples to oranges). It's best to figure out how each bag fits into your lifestyle and then decide from there.

Reactions: celine666666
I have both. They are equally heavily (maybe the Capu is slightly more). I rarely wear mine, not because I don't like it, but it's too formal of a bag to take out. So when I do take it out for dinners and such, it's for a short period of time so the weight doesn't bother me too much. I did one time take it out for the entire day, and DH ended up carrying it for me for half the day because it was so darn heavy. I don't regret. I love a good leather bag and the Capu is nothing short of a great leather bag. Between the two (Capu vs. Diorissimo), I still like my Diorissimo more. It is more versatile with its shoulder strap and I feel like I can wear it for a longer period of time than my Capu. Over the summer I took my rouge vif large Diorissimo with me on travel and he weight didn't bother me too much (I had lots of things in it). I can't imagine traveling with my Capu. But then again, I would never carry such a large bag like my Diorssimo to a formal event, but the Capu can definitely work. There are definitely pros and cons to both but they are not the same (comparing apples to oranges). It's best to figure out how each bag fits into your lifestyle and then decide from there.

Thanks for the input, I'm bringing in my Diorissimo next week to compare with the capucines and see how I go from there 😀 the only thing that's holding me back from getting a capucines is that it doesn't have a shoulder strap hehe but it doesn't look like lv would be producing one with the strap? They have BB range but that's too small :sad:

Hey Tulip2, is that black actually a very dark navy? I was reading on the other Capucines thread that it's navy /fuschia. And when I checked the website the colour code is cobalt? And do you know whether this is a classic colour? I've seen them around for at least 6 months now and it's still around

No, it doesn't have the color piping outside. This is solid black from the first release. I'm actually glad I got the solid color, and in black.

I'm not sure if this is even still available.