Has anyone recovered from Chanel bugs/addiction? Any hope

bagalogist

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
Joining Tpf fans most of our Chanel addiction even more, especially for me.

Just wondering if anyone ever recovered from the Chanel addiction and how did you do it?

Someone pls talk some $ sense into me and surely some of you has better self-control and investment sense than mere mortal like me:sweatdrop:

ever since i joined TPF, i've loved and coveted more chanel bags than ever. it's so hard to practice self-control around here!

i've heard a lot of members doing the "one in, one out" rule, which seems very sensible, but i'm too lazy to put up bags for sale. besides, i don't know if i could part with any of them! lol

I try to excercise more self-control and keep to 3 Chanels. I have 2 little boys at home and I want to invest more time and money on them. I am relatively quite fortunate in that DH pays for everything and I just fund my own shopping expenses. Even then, my spending habits can get quite scary. I intend to just keep to my 07 red large caviar, Cb tote and hopefully find my HG jumbo navy patent.

No hope ....... :P. I have to say I am trying to recover - tpf does not help at all. I went absolutely crazy at one point. Now, I have slowed down a LOT. It helps that the prices keep going up and up but my allowance has not. Self control - I have little - but am trying to focus on other things like my kids and my faith!!!

Good luck....there is no hope for those who become hooked on a good thing......or is that, "obsessed"? Some say once it is in your blood, you can't get rid of it. Or, is that true? Hard to walk away from it--it seems.....although my friend says for Hermes she could...hmmm. :heart::confused1::thinking:

time off from tpf would do some ppl good .... too much temptation here :roflmfao: once you loose track of whats going on with the CHANEL world, you wont be so crazy about it but do come back after a long vacation off tpf you cant run away from tpf forever.

time off from tpf would do some ppl good .... too much temptation here :roflmfao: once you loose track of whats going on with the CHANEL world, you wont be so crazy about it but do come back after a long vacation off tpf you cant run away from tpf forever.

thats what happened to me after a week off overseas business trip

hello daisy dear ... hehehehehe :roflmfao:

I practice more like 2 in 1 out rule :P Although that too is becoming really hard, since I only have bags I really like and hate parting with them, but I just can't keep them all (at least that's what my conscience tells me)

I do however think very hard and long before I buy something and I really cherish the ones I acquired so far.
I think as long as you don't get carried away with other people's buys and get what really suits you personally (and you can afford it ofcourse), you will be just fine...

I have one...just purchased...a few days later I added more to my list. After trying them on in the store - they really aren't me...I will be happy with my flap! Back to LV and Gucci as Chanel's prices are much too high!

Since I know TPF, it has become part of my regular routine to log on and check whats going on everyday. Whenever I have some free time to surf the net, I always come here. Since I discovered TPF, I have gone from 5 to 37 Chanels , 1 LV and 1 Fendi! I have spent a good amount of money on bags and I personally think I have lost my rational sense in me when it comes to bags.

There are so many enablers here and endless eye candy which dosent do my wallet any good. I know that if I want to save some money, I have to have more self control but I just dont want to stop YET! lol!

To answer the question, I dont think I can find the addiction for this cure yet. I think unless you cut it out once and for all or you have a really STRONG sense of self control. My take on this is that I am quite new to all this hence the addiction is still strong, but when I start to take a reality check one day and am awaken by my own handbag madness, then I know i am ready to stop. I hope the day will come soon as I am getting broker (but happy when I see my bags!) Till then, I am going Chanel shopping!

There is hope!! When I first joined TPF I was fueled even more to buy-but now its slowly fizzeled out, I have become smarter about my purchases and have actually bought half the amount of bags I would normally buy in year. Last year at this time I purchased about 12 chanel bags or so, this year I have only purchased 4 chanel bags and 6 LV pieces. Now I am just bored with what is out there. There is hope!!