Has anyone recieved suspicious emails from Paypal lately?

jeannie77

Mar 3, 2006
I just got an email from [email protected] saying that I authorized a transaction via my bank account to an eBay seller for a certain item. First, I have no idea who this seller or what this item is (doesn't show in my eBay history either), and I don't even have any of my bank accounts registered with paypal (just CCs).

Of course I did send paypal an email as well but am still waiting to hear from them. Has anyone recieved a similar email recently?

if there is something paypal wants you to know about, when you log into your account there will be an alert.

I got one today saying my account had been suspended due to shill billing... My heart skipped a few beats and I was like :wtf:, Then I came to my senses and realized it HAD to be a scam, I opened up a new browser to log into ebay (NEVER click the link in the email!) and everything was fine.... $%#* scammers!

can you believe i just got one and they were about an item that ended yesterday? they weren't even a bidder and they said they were with some game place. crazy!!

I get them all the time, and most times they go straight to my junk mail. The real emails from them go to the inbox. I probably only receive 2-3 emails a year directly from Paypal for anything other than payments.
The responses above say the correct thing to do. Open a new window, check your account page for communication from these companies. If there is none, report to [email protected], or [email protected]. They say they investigate them but......

I got one, too. It was a pretty good one, but this error in spelling (memeber instead of member) was fishy enough. Besides, my email reader that I use for Ebay and Polish auction service doesn't open messages in HTML, is shows only text, so that the links vanish. It's a good thing, IMO.