Has Anyone Received a Payment on Hold with the Message to Ship from Paypal?

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
I just sold something on Ebay and the buyer paid through Paypal. My Paypal account says "On Hold - Ship now" for the status of the transaction.

According to Paypal
"You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100
  • You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100
  • You have a buyer dissatisfaction percentage* greater than 5%
  • You have an average DSR of less than 4.5
  • You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
  • You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics.
When was this policy started? What is the quickest way to get the funds released. I have sold on Ebay before but this is the first time I have faced this.

Thanks!

hi! I had the same situation. i have sold quite expensive leather jacket and when buyer paid i got exact message. just ship the item and buyer will hopefully give u positive feedback - money will be automatically released to your ppl acct (may take aby 12 hours to show up but no worries). if the buyer doesnt leave feedback at all, contact him (when u know for defo that item has been delivered) and kindly explain that your $$ are on hold and if she/him is happy with purchase, leave the feedback.
good luck!

I think it also can be released 3 days after showing delivery. Make sure to get signature confirm ( small bright pink slip) if over 250.00 or delivery confirm ( bright green slip)if less than 250 and enter this number in paypal . The add tracking is at the bottom of the transaction details page.