Has Anyone Receive A Check From Global Powerball?????

pazt

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
my DH and i received a legit looking check stating we won a GLobal International Sweepstakes.

i'm sure it's probably bogus once we cash that check (we apparently won a 6-figure amount and this check was a start up check to help us pay charges on processing our payment). that statement alone sounds fishy and we're not about to fall for it. :tdown:

their website : www.powerlotter.com

but hey, we could use those funds.......he he he. :wlae:

has anyone out there received a similar letter with a check? :confused1:

This is surely fraud! I've read somewhere they'll ask you to cash the check and somehow mail them the money back or something... then the check bounces and you're left with nothing but returned check fees to pay. Watch out!

no but i always get these phone calls saying i won something from signing up online or at a mall? i never call back since i never entered anything haha :P its always like i won a tv, a trip somewhere, or a car :P

LOL WOW I thought these only happened in emails...now they are mailing checks...holy hell.

My least favorite is the one where it is an 'American soldier' who 'found some treasure in Saddam's palace' and 'needs help hiding the treasure until he returns home from Iraq' complete with picture to make you believe it's real!

LOL WOW I thought these only happened in emails...now they are mailing checks...holy hell.

i got one of these the other day via email! and my cousins gf was trying to sell a text book through facebook to her fellow peers by posting something there, and this guy sent her a $2000 check for a $30 dollar text book!! he kept pressuring her to deposit it and do this and do that. the bank caught it luckily!! :tup:

My least favorite is the one where it is an 'American soldier' who 'found some treasure in Saddam's palace' and 'needs help hiding the treasure until he returns home from Iraq' complete with picture to make you believe it's real!

checks are probably more believable and easier for the scammer too.. cuz once it's cashed/deposited or whatever, your account info is then given to them and they have access to much more than just your funds.

SCAM! I get these a lot in the mail, and, I have NEVER played the powerball!! Something happened like this last year to my boyfriends sister. She cashed a check from a guy on craigslist b/c she put a posting up for a room for rent in their house. She sent her 4k, prepaid for 6 months, and then at the last min, backed out. He told her to cash it, and send him half back, 2k was hers to keep for the inconvience. She cashed it (it was a western union check) and she send him 2k. A couple of days later, when she checked her bank balance online, she realized that she'd been conned and that she'd lost her 2k, and, of course, his 4k was a fake check. I felt bad for her, but, seriouslly? Come on, no one is that nice!! And she should have waitied for HIS check to clear first!