Has anyone read Haunted?

mello_yello_jen said:
oohh it sounds interesting!! though I would definitely be too scared to read it if I'm by myself

lol I know what you mean. After I read Guts and then put the book down, I called my BF and told him he needed to talk to me. Just talk. Or come hang out. Anything to take my mind off the book. I could literally taste something disgusting in my mouth. He is such a phenomenal writer to have that much effect on most of his readers.

abandonedimages said:
I really want to read Choke and Diary! I'll have to pick those up soon. Haha, I know, I wonder what his friends would say of him?

For what it's worth, I liked Choke better than Diary. Choke seems to be more his style, Diary was good but weird (not in a gore way...just in a strange way).

I really want to pick up Haunted now! I think I saw it on Borders' buy 2 get 1 free table. I'll have to check there this weekend.

jillybean307 said:
For what it's worth, I liked Choke better than Diary. Choke seems to be more his style, Diary was good but weird (not in a gore way...just in a strange way).

Just wanted to let you know I picked them both up today. I plan on reading Choke first once finals are over.

abandonedimages said:
lol I know what you mean. After I read Guts and then put the book down, I called my BF and told him he needed to talk to me. Just talk. Or come hang out. Anything to take my mind off the book. I could literally taste something disgusting in my mouth. He is such a phenomenal writer to have that much effect on most of his readers.

Woah! Now I'm very intrigued to read the book (if not then just Guts). I'll be sure to have my boyfriend by my side that day!

Let us know how Choke and Diary is!

Yup, read it, and had a really hard time getting through the book (I think that Fight Club best captured the ennui spirit of my generation). He's coming to do a book reading/signing in early June, so Yippee! I finally get to meet him!!

MandM said:
what are the twisted stories about? Or are they too wierd to really describe?

I'll try and give you the jist of it, but I could never really do it justice. Its disgustingly genius, lol. Its been awhile since I've read it but from what I can remember right now - this old man puts out an ad asking for people to come stay in some abandoned theatre with him for 3 months. The stories are all the different stories about the people who come to stay with him. The book integrates what happens in the theatre and all the different stories of these people, how they came to be there or why they are the way they are. Well thats all I can think to say now, lol. But my summary makes it seem normal when its so far from that.

Greendrv said:
Yup, read it, and had a really hard time getting through the book (I think that Fight Club best captured the ennui spirit of my generation). He's coming to do a book reading/signing in early June, so Yippee! I finally get to meet him!!

Me too, I was like :sick: so many times, lol. Lucky! Maybe he'll come to Raleigh one day.