has anyone purchased a white ysl muse and actually decided to keep it?

Yasmin87 said:
Hi! I have 2 white YSL Muse bags. I never thought of returning them. I never liked the black Muse bag though. But, for the fall season, they told that they were gonna have a patent black bag. I haven't seen it yet. But, if it's nice, I'd go for it. The white Muse bag is lovely. I love it!

^^Wow, TWO white Muse bags! I'm assuming they're different sizes? Can I ask:
1. How long you've had them for?

2. How much use they get?

3. How clean they look - or if they're marked or stained at all?

Thanks! I'm thinking of a XL white Muse (or chocolate) and could really use advice!

p.s. any photo's?

ojo said:
thanks ladies! for your helpful inputs. I really have my heart set on the large white muse. it's the higher maintenance factor that's concerned me. does the leather scratched easily? is dirt hard to clean off? i've never own a white bag but have been thinking about getting a white bag and the muse if definitely is my favorite.

Hi Ojo,

My suggestion is talk to the SAs, and have a feel of the bag in the store. Sometimes, our gut feel is better no ? I thought I wanted the Oversize, in the end, I fell for the Medium. Our choices are weird sometimes, so if it looks and feels right for you, that is the one you should go for, then you'll feel happy. :biggrin:

QuirkyCool said:
Stunning bag,ojo!! It looks like the large?

ITA, congrats Ojo. =) I re-read the postings, Ojo got Large.
Ojo, maybe you can post pics with you and the bag, members here will help you decide whether Large's too big for you.

I am set on Medium in Chocolate then White. A new shipment of Large/Oversize Muse in Black/White arrived in my local store today, I decided to try Large again. Since they're available, I would have gotten one if it worked now. I really felt overwhelmed by Large still so I'm sticking with Medium.

The White Muse (I just saw at my local store) looks Ivory (it's named Ivory afterall).

i just got a black muse and am wowed by the durability of the leather. i carry and use a lot of pens, which is rough on many bags, but this type of leather is not easily affected. if you love the white go for it. this kind of bag can survive more than one season.

bag.lover said:
ITA, congrats Ojo. =) I re-read the postings, Ojo got Large.
Ojo, maybe you can post pics with you and the bag, members here will help you decide whether Large's too big for you.

I am set on Medium in Chocolate then White. A new shipment of Large/Oversize Muse in Black/White arrived in my local store today, I decided to try Large again. Since they're available, I would have gotten one if it worked now. I really felt overwhelmed by Large still so I'm sticking with Medium.

The White Muse (I just saw at my local store) looks Ivory (it's named Ivory afterall).

^^What's your local store?

beauxgoris said:
^^What's your local store?

Nordstrom in San Diego (CA; Fashion Valley Mall), their number is 619.295.4441 extension 1250; ask for Joseph or Jenn in Handbag department. I'm told that White sells out faster than Black at this location. Nordy's expecting a shipment of Chocolate.

You can also check with YSL in Costa Mesa (CA; South Coast Plaza), Karissa is very nice.

wickedassin said:
If you want a travel bag--then the large works. It's just not doable for real-life on a regular basis, IMO.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. My large (unless you mean the oversized) is the perfect everyday bag and I've been using it as such. If you look at pictures of people wearing it you'll see that it is not huge at all. It just fits an A4:lol: .It's way too small to be used as a travel bag.Unless you only take a change of underwear and a make-up bag.

It also fits on my shoulder,even with a winter coat. But looks great on the forearm too :smile:.

QuirkyCool said:
I have to respectfully disagree with this. My large (unless you mean the oversized) is the perfect everyday bag and I've been using it as such. If you look at pictures of people wearing it you'll see that it is not huge at all. It just fits an A4:lol: .It's way too small to be used as a travel bag.Unless you only take a change of underwear and a make-up bag.

It also fits on my shoulder,even with a winter coat. But looks great on the forearm too :smile:.

And to add to this, I use my OVERSIZED Muse as an everyday bag and I'm usually 5'5" (heels) a size 14. I really think it depends on the persons style, when chosing a purse size.