Has anyone purchased a new strap for their Cuir from mautto.com?

jeep317

Jul 20, 2013
PA
For Christmas I received a beautiful small black leather Cuir! I am in love with it, except for the shoulder strap. At all of 5' tall, it hits me in the mid hip and drives me insane. I am not a crossbody person and don't care for satchels all the time so this is really bumming me out. I tried knotting it and shortening it with clear elastics but I just don't like the way it looks.

I read about mautto.com on here so I went looking at what they have to offer. Since the grommets on the Cuir are sort of deeply inset, I guess one on their circular type clips might work? Before taking the plunge, I was wondering if anyone else has done this yet and can comment? Brighton also has some strap options that are cute, but their hardware has a tendency to get spotty pretty quickly. I wish LC had some strap options so we could choose a length before ordering. Mine measures 36" from clip to clip and that is just too long for me. :sad:

jeep317

Jul 20, 2013
PA
The most expedient way would be to take it to a cobbler and have the strap shortened.
Thanks, but that's easier said than done where I live. Both cobblers in my area shut down 4 years ago, so it's not exactly expedient for me.

jeep317

Jul 20, 2013
PA
Ok, how about this then. Send your strap to Mautto and ask him to shorten it for you?
I didn't know that was an option? Thanks.

It's hard to tell if you're annoyed by my post or simply being helpful in an abrupt sort of way.

Reactions: ildera5

SmokieDragon

Mar 9, 2015
Malaysia
I'm all of 5'1.5" and while I can pull off my Cuir with the strap it came with (the straps can vary in length even within a season), I recently found a solution - I noticed that the this particular Foulonne Crossbody (http://us.longchamp.com/handbags/le-foulonne/crossbody-bags-1776021?sku=1801) has an adjustable detachable strap. I've always been fascinated with flat bags and I decided why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone? I bought one in black which goes with my Small Black Cuir, Small Mahogany Cody Cuir and Medium Blue Cuir. It's thicker than the Cuir strap too :biggrin:

Here it is on my Small Black Cuir: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/show-us-your-longchamp.459009/page-390#post-30964426

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
I've always been fascinated with flat bags and I decided why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone? I bought one in black
Just curious, how do you like that Foulonne crossbody? I've considered it often particularly for foreign travel but never pulled the trigger.

SmokieDragon

Mar 9, 2015
Malaysia
Just curious, how do you like that Foulonne crossbody? I've considered it often particularly for foreign travel but never pulled the trigger.
I just got the Foulonne close to 3 weeks ago and haven't had the chance to use it yet. I bought it as an errand bag for the weekends, something flat and fuss free. I would consider it for foreign travel when the time comes. While the overall structure is flat, it does have those 2 external pockets where you can put bulkier stuff. It's an easy bag to get in and out of. I think you can't really go wrong if you use it for travel as it's big enough to put passports for a few family members and those external pockets are great for easier to reach stuff

Reactions: frenziedhandbag

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
I just got the Foulonne close to 3 weeks ago and haven't had the chance to use it yet. I bought it as an errand bag for the weekends, something flat and fuss free. I would consider it for foreign travel when the time comes. While the overall structure is flat, it does have those 2 external pockets where you can put bulkier stuff. It's an easy bag to get in and out of. I think you can't really go wrong if you use it for travel as it's big enough to put passports for a few family members and those external pockets are great for easier to reach stuff
Thank you. :smile: I need to remember to check this style out next time I'm in a LC boutique.