Has anyone on the street suspect your Hermes is a fake?

Some of my friends are clueless about premium luxury brands. Unless there is a huge LV or GG, they have no clue. Well, recently I have been wearing my Constance's non-stop. One friend repeatedly asked me what the H stood for. I told her it was nothing... just the way the clasp was shaped but it wasn't actually an "H". Giggling to myself, I heard her say (under her breath) "...whatever, I know (Tommy) Hilfiger when I see it". Bawhahahahahahaha So sometimes it's not the "fake" convo that is being had, it's the "what brand is that?"
Truth be told, I'd love it if someone who thinks they know Hermes had the nerve to accuse me of having a fake so we could have an authentication challenge! Game on! Let's see who knows more!!! =)

This was a few years ago when orange seemed to be the color of the season. I was wearing my orange B and the young SA at the La Mer counter in Nordstrom complimented me on the bag and asked if it was Michael Kors. I very quietly and delicately said it was Hermes. I could tell she was embarrassed. :oh:
So funny! This also happened to me at a the Tempurpedic matress store with my Soufe Birkin when Yellow was all the rage hahaha

Some of my friends are clueless about premium luxury brands. Unless there is a huge LV or GG, they have no clue. Well, recently I have been wearing my Constance's non-stop. One friend repeatedly asked me what the H stood for. I told her it was nothing... just the way the clasp was shaped but it wasn't actually an "H". Giggling to myself, I heard her say (under her breath) "...whatever, I know (Tommy) Hilfiger when I see it". Bawhahahahahahaha So sometimes it's not the "fake" convo that is being had, it's the "what brand is that?"
Truth be told, I'd love it if someone who thinks they know Hermes had the nerve to accuse me of having a fake so we could have an authentication challenge! Game on! Let's see who knows more!!! =)
Hilfiger? Hermes confused for Hilfiger? This is priceless...(tears streaming down cheeks).

Reactions: Cygne18
^^ At Neimans one day there was a lady in the shoe dept with a 30cm Blue Jean Birkin - simply beautiful, as was the lady. Two other women were snickering about her bag saying "look - she couldn't afford the real size!" Beyond ignorant and beyond rude! Thankfully I don't think that the BJ owner heard her.

I notice more snickering from women towards each other when they are in pairs or groups. It is almost funny, like they don't think their voices carry or something, or they just feel safer being rude when having a friend in tow.

Oh my god, that is beyond rude! But I do notice that, it's from people in pairs or groups.

Hilfiger? Hermes confused for Hilfiger? This is priceless...(tears streaming down cheeks).
Love this! I had a relative ask if the H on the back of my evelyne was personalized with my initial. I said yes!

^^ At Neimans one day there was a lady in the shoe dept with a 30cm Blue Jean Birkin - simply beautiful, as was the lady. Two other women were snickering about her bag saying "look - she couldn't afford the real size!" Beyond ignorant and beyond rude! Thankfully I don't think that the BJ owner heard her.

I notice more snickering from women towards each other when they are in pairs or groups. It is almost funny, like they don't think their voices carry or something, or they just feel safer being rude when having a friend in tow.

Some people can never get beyond a high school mentality.

Exactly the same happened to me with my Evelyne, it was very funny.

The second time I wore my Barenia B, a young woman smiled disdainfully at me.
The stamp is not recognizable from a distance.
I must say it was a strange feeling to me, but still I know that my wonderful BB is real and that's the most important thing for me.

I buy Hermes for me, and I love that people don’t know what the brand is. I actually enjoy people thinking that I can’t afford expensive bags, because I don’t like the attention. This same attitude is explained in my clothes as well, which at best would be called “dressing down” as per my mommy... her nice way of disapproving my casual style.

Haha, you are my favorite! Similar experience, except with my Evelyne. Friend asked what the H stood for, except I told her it was Hilfiger. She just smiled and said how nice. Another friend that was there knew it was Hermes and chuckled. It was an inside joke for a few hours until we let her in on it. Thankfully she knew I wasn't being mean-spirited about it and was sweet and gracious as ever.

And I'd pay to see you take down anyone that challenges you! Team @Israeli_Flava!

Reactions: BBC
I buy Hermes for me, and I love that people don’t know what the brand is. I actually enjoy people thinking that I can’t afford expensive bags, because I don’t like the attention. This same attitude is explained in my clothes as well, which at best would be called “dressing down” as per my mommy... her nice way of disapproving my casual style.
I’m with you on everything you said!!!

Haha, you are my favorite! Similar experience, except with my Evelyne. Friend asked what the H stood for, except I told her it was Hilfiger. She just smiled and said how nice. Another friend that was there knew it was Hermes and chuckled. It was an inside joke for a few hours until we let her in on it. Thankfully she knew I wasn't being mean-spirited about it and was sweet and gracious as ever.

And I'd pay to see you take down anyone that challenges you! Team @Israeli_Flava!
oh my goodness you are so sweet!!! Thank you!

Another story I shared with my darling hermezzy I’ll share here too... only bc I thought the situation was hysterical! And I could’ve responded with so many cruel comebacks but I refrained.

So anyway, there was this lady at the mall many years ago who was just staring at my Chanel bag. She finally just blurted out "Nice purse... does the CC stand for Calvin Klein?" I almost spit out my drink I had just taken a sip of.

This. I’ve no problem buying clothes from wal mart or old navy. More money to save to buy my first Hermes (saving for an Evelyne PM)

Absolutely! All spare money is needed for bags, I live in jeans anyway and I'm sorry but I can't bring myself to spend £200 plus on a pair of jeans when I could spend £40 and save the rest for something more exciting! :smile:

I laughed reading this thread! I have grown accustomed to stares as I use my Hermes daily. I actually enjoyed the discreet luxury of many of their lesser known designs like the halzan/ bolide and their scarves and shoes. I have an experience that embarrassed me though..

Was in my office lift ( we owned the entire building) when a lady colleague, complimented me on my Hermes flats.. the lift is full of fellow colleagues.. and she was exclaiming loudly that they were so pretty! Also the farandole necklace.. then ask me where to buy it.. she wants one... I went : “ahhhhh... “ Then another senior associate in the lift chuckled and says:”these are From the Hermes store, don’t you know she is an Hermes fan?!” She apologised and I said: “ why need to? These are well made and has lasted me for 3+ years! Save me shoe space! Don’t need to keep changing shoes!”

There was thereafter an awkward silence from level 13 to level 1 in a lift filled with 22 people.

I also didn’t know what to say but just smile. Think my face turned quite red.

But it didn’t stop me from using my Hermes stuff. Rather, I am impressed someone can appreciate the designs Hermes created even without knowing the brand.