has anyone noticed how many vernis and mirror hearts are on ebay?

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
There are tons of them and selling at under retail prices, I did a completed listings search. Whats going on? I remember paying well over retail when I found my perle heart, maybe everyone thinks Lv will reproduce these every year now.

Some of them are fake.....I saw the low listings as well and then did what I do whenever I suspect fakes....I went to IOffer .......and just as I suspected there were lots of them over there.

Yup, some are fake but also some are authentic, probably from people just needing to make some extra money. I notice there's a lot of stuff lately at fairly low prices but not a lot of buyers.

I wonder if the people selling the fakes are the ones who also had the fake MC ones awhile ago.

omg, i just went over to ioffer to search "vuitton hearts" and i was surprised buy the amount of fake MC ones they have sold! :tdown: i browse ebay regularly and didn't even realize there were fakes for these hearts out there. :Push:

I think people bought up a lot of them when they came out because they thought it was going to be a hot item and wanted to either have one for themselves or one to resell. Now that the hype is over people are realizing that they're not terribly practical and that LV made way too many of them, thus diminishing their value.

I think they over produced these hearts. I was in my store the other day and they still had some to sell. I saw the amarante one and a gold mirroir. I am so glad I returned mine. Its nice to have a Ltd Ed piece but when there were lots available then it took the fun out of it for me.

yeah they started coming out with fakes last year i think, after the first round came out.

here are some example of fakes, so you know what to look for. as usual, the vernis doesn't look real..the "sheen" is different. and what color is this supposed to be..cross between pomme & violette?? :confused1: and the metallic ones are so off... :tdown:
200712281866.jpg

lvwl284635b.jpg

yeah they started coming out with fakes last year i think, after the first round came out.

here are some example of fakes, so you know what to look for. as usual, the vernis doesn't look real..the "sheen" is different. and what color is this supposed to be..cross between pomme & violette?? :confused1: and the metallic ones are so off... :tdown:
200712281866.jpg

lvwl284635b.jpg

Ugh that is awful! :tdown: