Has anyone noticed a decline in arm candy since the economy declined?

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Or is it just my neck of the woods. Before I would see every single beautiful handbag out there - regardless of skin, cost, etc. In fact whatever it got to the point that one did not have to read the magazines for the latest accessories because you usually saw it in broad daylight.

Nowadays, I mostly spot either Longchamp or LV Speedy, with an occasional exotic H handbag of some sort. No more python Chloe's, YSL Muse, or even non-exotic B's in ever color imaginable. How about where you live?

There are about 10,000,000 MJ stams and Chanels totes (real and fake) where I live. I still see wonderful bags where ever I go in Europe.

I don't see a decline in arm candy. Then again, I live in la la land where b lister celebrities and reality TV stars prowl the street looking for a photo opportunity. :nuts:

I don't think it has effected where I live as much. I see LV heavily. I rarely every saw anything YSL,Jimmy Choo,Prada,etc. Mainly a consisted viewing of the mainstream brands such as Coach and Dooney as well. I did notice an upward trend of Longchamp le pliage totes recently.

You must live in handbag heaven to be seeing Longchamp and LV on the down days! It's Kathy VanZeeland and Coach siggy all day all the time over here - before and after the downturn.

It's pretty much the same where I live. Except people have Coach and Dooney & Bourke. I've even heard people say about me (I have Chanel, LV, Hermes, ect) "Her bag(s) must be fake! Who spends that kind of money?". I have noticed, though, people used to have more of a variety of Coach and Dooney. Now, people see to stick with the same one.

I have noticed no change in the assortment or quality here in the DC suburbs, which is generally pretty pitiful to start with. I have noticed more black and more beat up straw and fabric totes this summer though. Not on me of course.

You must live in handbag heaven to be seeing Longchamp and LV on the down days! It's Kathy VanZeeland and Coach siggy all day all the time over here - before and after the downturn.

Agreed.. I live between Albany and NYC and that is what I see alot of here. The closer to NYC I get the more interesting styles I see :biggrin:

I see a lot of Coach, LV and Dooney. The last two times I went to LV it was almost empty and the second time it was fairly crowded but not packed. When I was at Gucci last month it was somewhat busy but not nearly crowded for a Saturday afternoon. I did see the purse department at Nordstrom very crowded especially in the sale area where a lot of B Makowsky's were on clearance. Very different from what this upscale mall was like 2 - 3 years ago.

Depends. Over where I am there's barely any women carrying expensive bags. Mostly Coach and a few common LV's. However, when I went down to San Jose, woooo! There's plenty of women still carrying pricey designer bags. I saw one lady carry Monogram Canvas Kalahari and a Jewelry store owner my mom frequents even carries the LV Souple Paris Wish bag.

And last I checked, the LV store in Valley Fair was pretty crowded too. Some other ladies were carrying other LV's like the Sunset Blvd and a few Speedies. There were others carrying Chanel flaps too! Even one family bought a Gucci too.

Geh, makes me wish I could move back to San Jose. wah.