Has anyone here attempted overseas breast augmentation alone?

Aug 21, 2011
Hey girls,
Wondering if anyone here has gone abroad to do BA and recovered alone? If so, how was your experience like (especially with performing everyday tasks like lifting things, showering, etc.)? How was your recovery from general anesthesia as well?
I'm currently considering BA in Bangkok.
Any input would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Lifting things and showering should be the last things you should be worried about when it comes to BA. It's the post-op MASSAGE which you should be fearful of. Don't let the word "massage" fool you. It's neither relaxing nor enjoyable. You have to squeeze, push and hold the breasts in different positions for a period of time (10 to 30 secs and repeat 4 or 5 times per position). And repeat the entire procedure 3 or 4 times PER DAY.

This will ensure the implants stay soft and the pocket around the implants don't contract. And you have to do these daily massage for a YEAR. Daily massage 4 times per day. This means you massage once in the morning before work, twice during work and once more after work. And it's extremely painful to do these massages.

Of course, no heavy lifting for 3 months and no shower for one week or at least after the bandages come off obviously. So think twice before going for BA.

Motiva implants don't need massaging :0 My GA recovery was okay (not for BA), but I threw up at least once a day for 3 days. With BA, you have to stay overnight at the hospital as it's a major surgery. I asked my consultant how long it would take to recover and she said like 3 days downtime is enough?
I think you should bring someone as walking hurts afterwards and they can help you get food/heat it up/bring you water.

Motiva implants don't need massaging :0 My GA recovery was okay (not for BA), but I threw up at least once a day for 3 days. With BA, you have to stay overnight at the hospital as it's a major surgery. I asked my consultant how long it would take to recover and she said like 3 days downtime is enough?
I think you should bring someone as walking hurts afterwards and they can help you get food/heat it up/bring you water.

Hi Trini707,
you did that in Korea or Bkk? I check a few clinic in thailand and they do not carry this brand yet. Care to share which clinic you did your BA and price please? Did you do teardrop shape and which type of incision did you opt for?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Lifting things and showering should be the last things you should be worried about when it comes to BA. It's the post-op MASSAGE which you should be fearful of. Don't let the word "massage" fool you. It's neither relaxing nor enjoyable. You have to squeeze, push and hold the breasts in different positions for a period of time (10 to 30 secs and repeat 4 or 5 times per position). And repeat the entire procedure 3 or 4 times PER DAY.

This will ensure the implants stay soft and the pocket around the implants don't contract. And you have to do these daily massage for a YEAR. Daily massage 4 times per day. This means you massage once in the morning before work, twice during work and once more after work. And it's extremely painful to do these massages.

Of course, no heavy lifting for 3 months and no shower for one week or at least after the bandages come off obviously. So think twice before going for BA.
From what I've researched on Realself, there's no consensus on the benefits of post-op breast massage (regardless of implant brand) because capsular contracture is an immunological response. The dr. I'm consulting doesn't recommend it either.

Mentor, Allergan and Sientra are the only implant brands approved by the US FDA so I'll be sticking to those.

Reactions: Blobvy