Has anyone heard of Roxbury Handbags?

i check on their website and i notice most of the style are similar with from other brand (like what i saw very similar to my gossip hobo juicy couture) .... i just wondering why should they make very similar style from original one?

Hiya!

I just bought my first Roxbury bag from Winners (like TJ Maxx - I'm from Canada) for $149 and I'm in LOVE

It's purple (same style as the picture earlier in this thread - the black patent bag, except mine is matte leather). It's a GREAT work bag. Tons of pockets and feels sturdy. 100% leather.

When I saw it in Winners, I knew it was a higher end brand but hadn't heard of it.

I'll report back more after I start using it...

Saw two of these at TJ Maxx last night. One in red and one in black. I think they were around $159. Pretty cute, but I passed...waiting for a Treesje Magnolia.

PL8192-GR.jpg

^omgosh, I saw the same one at TJMaxx in black and I was sooooo tempted. My dh was with me but was getting those omg-how-much-is-that-going-to-cost vibes so I put it back.

I am not sure how the shoulder strap attaches to it. One comes with the bag.

I am still thinking about it, leather was nice and supple (not thick and had that slightly oily feel of leather that gets patina quickly) and I loved how extra wide the opening was, like the Marc Jacobs Stam. Zippers were not high quality but it zipped easily.

Yeah, I was tempted by the red one. The two that I saw didn't come with a shoulder strap and one was missing a dust bag. ITA, the leather seemed like it would wear well, but the zippers were a little flimsy. The wide opening was my favorite part.

You should go back an get the black one! It's a cute style and at a great price too! :graucho:

Trust me I am very tempted to do that!!

The strap I saw was probably inadvertently tagged with that bag. I just couldn't find the hardware where the strap would hook onto. If there was a definitive shoulder strap or longer handles, I would have bought it right there regardless of the dh vibes!

I like it so much but couldn't decide on the spot. I stashed the bag all the way behind a bunch of other bags; maybe it will be there when I go back. Geez, I sound like a maniac. :rolleyes:

I saw the same bag at TJ Maxx in a camel color. I didn't care for the color, but I love this style... also the leather was soft & the bag seemed well made... I've been looking online for one in a different color but on their website they're $270....
I think you're supposed to hook the shoulder strap onto the metal rings where the handles attach.... Like you would attach a shoulder strap to a speedy, if you are so inclined.

They design out of L.A. and manufacture in Korea. They use decent quality fabrics and leathers - the hardware just seems so so. They have a few original styles but mostly they follow trends established by high end brands and do variations - Prada, Miu Miu, Etc.

Nicole Lee also launched a discount brand this week called Nikki. So think high end style but a retail price point under $50 - probably closer to $40.

I saw the same bag at TJ Maxx in a camel color. I didn't care for the color, but I love this style... also the leather was soft & the bag seemed well made... I've been looking online for one in a different color but on their website they're $270....
I think you're supposed to hook the shoulder strap onto the metal rings where the handles attach.... Like you would attach a shoulder strap to a speedy, if you are so inclined.

A lot of designers are really hurting right now so some are actually making lines specifically for discount resellers like TJ Max, Marshalls, etc. Most of the time is private labeled but if they can't sell it to the stores or boutiques it becomes dead stock and off the TJ MAX it goes.

here are some of my roxbury bags, got another hobo in red coming, can't wait to see they're new red in washed lambskin,,,, i will take a pic of it too. hopefully i can get this picture attaching thing downView attachment 588214. :woohoo:
Hi! I have been looking for Roxbury bags....The ones in your photo that are purple and Black patent large totes...
Thanks! Diane

Last edited by a moderator: