Has anyone had to re-glaze their wallet?

Feb 24, 2007
My mono french purse which I have used everyday for about a year and purchased brand new, is beginning to wear on one side and the edges seem to be fraying...grrrr...I notice their is glaze around the edges except for this side...

Anyways, I'm a bit dissappointed, as I bought this wallet because I thought it would be really durable...

My SA said to bring it in and they will repair it, but it will take 4-6 weeks!!
Anyways, has anyone else had this problem??

My mono french purse which I have used everyday for about a year and purchased brand new, is beginning to wear on one side and the edges seem to be fraying...grrrr...I notice their is glaze around the edges except for this side...

Anyways, I'm a bit dissappointed, as I bought this wallet because I thought it would be really durable...

My SA said to bring it in and they will repair it, but it will take 4-6 weeks!!
Anyways, has anyone else had this problem??

What does it mean to have it re-glazed?

I had to take my Koala in and have the edge where it folds reglazed. I was a bit peeved, not that they didn't repair it, but the fact that even though I had had the wallet about a year, it didn't get used that often (as I rotate wallets alot).

I can tell where it was repaired as they had to resew the area around where they reglazed.

It took about a month. I was in no hurry though, I don't use it alot.

I have had 2 wallets reglazed, they did a fabulous job on the one wallet and OK job on the other. Each took about 5 weeks; however, since the holidays are behind us, they can perhaps can it done in a quicker time frame for you. They always give the longest time frame;however, during slower production times, repairs seem to get done quicker!

my damier zippy wallet is currently in lv clinic. they're re-glazing the sides because its fraying and the canvas and the inside material is starting to come apart. i only bought it last january. the sa said the repair is free of charge, only downside is i don't have a wallet right now and i've gotten used to my otherwise perfect wallet save the need for reglaze. :P the sa said it may take up to 2 months. i hope not. i miss my zippy...

i had my wallet reglazed, took about a month to get it back. but i'm very happy with the results but I do understand the disappointment with our expectations...but I still love it when I got it, now I know not to stuff too much in it