Has anyone had their HW engraved ?

BudgetBabe(BB)

BB
O.G.
Apr 7, 2009
Hi- My SO has recently given me a birkin and asked if I wanted to have the hardware engraved? I asked if Hermes offered this and he said he hadn't inquired but was thinking of taking the new birkin to an engravers .

I was taken aback by this question- has anyone had any experience with this ?

Thank you for all and any replies !

Have the underside of the flap stamped with your initials. An Hermes boutique can do this for you. I had this done on my Kelly last summer - my own special little hidden surprise when I see it. DO NOT engrave the hardware!

eek, dont do it!!!

H will put your initials on. I do not know if they still do the gold letters as well, but either way, its on the leather, not the HW.....

I do like that your SO is so thoughtful about your bag though, that is sweet!!

I had my Bolide heat stamped with my initials then Hermes applied silver over the letters. My Bolide had to be sent to Paris but there was no charge for it. I love it! I am going to have my new Birkin in Black Box done when I can part with her long enough for her to go to Paris :smile:.

I wonder, wasn't there talk a while back of people having diamonds set in the hardware after purchase? Wonder if that negated service by Hermes just as engraving the hardware would?

Anyway, it's not surprising that your SO would think about getting the hardware engraved, just like any other expensive accessory (watch, wedding band, etc). I guess it depends on if you like the look, as any engraving would be very visible. I prefer having the initials stamped in the leather...subtle, permanent, and, best of all, FREE at Hermes!

I wonder, wasn't there talk a while back of people having diamonds set in the hardware after purchase? Wonder if that negated service by Hermes just as engraving the hardware would?

Anyway, it's not surprising that your SO would think about getting the hardware engraved, just like any other expensive accessory (watch, wedding band, etc). I guess it depends on if you like the look, as any engraving would be very visible. I prefer having the initials stamped in the leather...subtle, permanent, and, best of all, FREE at Hermes!

Yes. Hermes will not touch a bag with aftermarket diamonds. Basically, the "warranty", for lack of a better term, is voided.