Has anyone had quality concerns with their Grand Shopper?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
I've been contemplating the purchase of a beige Grand Shopper for a long time! With all the posts lately about quality not being up to par, I'm a little worried. Have any of you found quality issues with the Grand Shopper?

Mine is holding up great so far. It's not an everyday bag but I have had no issues when using it. Mine is black caviar leather with silver h/w. The caviar leather is super durable. The tote is awkward sometimes and bumps up against things/people but so far no issues.

i LOVE the gst. i have two, one in black and one in white. i agree w/roey that it's not an everyday bag and it can be awkward, but it's such a great bag.

I also have a few petite shoppers (one i recently sold on ebay) and what i found is that the leather "handles" of the straps lose their luster (the black one dulls and the white one YELLOWS! ICK! GROSS!) and if handled a lot should be replaced. i assume it's from the oils and heat in your hands that contributes to this.

i have not used my gst enough for this to happen.

Were the quality issues about the GST or on here? I just got one in beige and I'm very happy so far, although I haven't had it that long. It can get a bit heavy on the shoulder after a long day of Xmas shopping but other than that, I think anyone who likes chanel should get this versatile tote. Even my laptop fits in it comfortably. I have a large balenciaga clutch that's a perfect fit to provide an extra zipped compartment for essentials since the one it has is a bit thin to put anything of volume in without stretching it out. Also beige is kind of a brown mustard tan, so there's a pretty good chance you won't have another bag of the same color. My mom now wants a petit shopper in black after seeing mine.

For those who don't think it is a good everyday bag, is that just due to the shape/size? I'm planning on using it as an everyday bag... right now, I have what I think is called the petite tote... it's slightly too small and I also felt the Medallian tote was a bit too small. I thought the GST would be the perfect size! I guess it's pretty structured so you can't squish it down as you might with a large hobo or another less structured bag.

When I was in the Boutique the other day, a lady was bringing her GST in for a repair. The chain (or the leather strap) was broken. Has anyone here had problems with the straps on the GST?

I can't imagine what else on the bag could be a trouble area for the GST.

At the trunk show I met a woman who had been carrying hers {she now has 5} since they were introduced w/ no issues.
Annie, I think it's a perfect everyday bag if you need a roomy durable tote:yes:

I've been using mine for the last few days and the only annoyance is it slips off my shoulder. If I criss-cross the straps it helps, but eventually they uncross and slip again. Not a huge deal since it is quite comfortable on the forearm, but it's something to consider.

Also, in regards to breaking straps, some women have a tendency to either overstuff their bags or grab them forcefully by the handles to pick them up, placing strain on the leather and chain. I only carry the essentials and always try to be gentle when picking up my bags.

I have the petite shopper in black w/ the gold chains...I've been using it quite a bit w/out problems but I don't carry very much in it and am pretty gentle w/ my bags anyway.

i have the black caviar. i overstuff it, throw it on the floor - carpet, wood or pavement, carry it in the rain, curious cat has played with it. i use it thoroughly and not a scratch. love it!