Has anyone had HCg levels lower than should be? Please help!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies! This is my first time posting in this forum. Im usually in the Chanel and Coach forums. I really need some advice here, I am about 6 weeks pregnant and have had two miscarriages in the past but i also have two children. I went to the doctor about 1 week ago and they took blood. So yesterday i went to get my results and the dr said my hcg levels were low for the weeks that i had, so he decided to do another blood test and i will be getting those results on Monday. I am very worried because i have already had miscarriages and dont want another. Has anyone here been through the same thing where your hcg levels are lower than what they suppose to be and still have a healthy baby. Im thinking maybe I am less weeks that than the dr calculated. I dont kinow what to think anymore, im just worried sick. The good thing is that i dont have any bleeding or cramps and just this week have started feeling nauseas and sore breasts. Please give me some advice here ladies!!! Thank you!!:smile:

2. I haven't had low hCG levels, but I've had friends who have and some have had things turn out fine. If you don't know when you ovulated, then you may also have ovulated late in your cycle; if your cycles are long normally, then the calculation of weeks will be off. Good luck! I hope it all works out well.

3. Thank you ! I really appreciate your response. Anybody else experience this type of situation?

4. I have read that many women just have lower HCG levels and they end up having normal, healthy pregnancies, so try not to worry. I'm hoping you hear good news on Monday!

5. Hi Cynthia,

The same thing happen to me around the same time also 5-6wks, I did blood work to confirm I was pregnant & my Dr called stating my HCg levels were too low so I had to come in & do another blood test to make sure the levels were going up, which the 2nd test came out higher so everything is good I'm now about 7wks (still early). The nurse explained to me that the low levels could have been because I went in for blood very early but as long as the HCg levels are going up you should be ok. It sucks you have to wait until Monday but TRY (which I know is easier said then done) to keep postive & relaxed because you are pregnant. Good luck, hope it's all good news!!!

6. It depends on how low. If they are very low, then yes, it would most likely indicate a MC. I had very low HCG levels with my very first pregnancy that indicated a MC.

I hope it works out for you. *crossing fingers*

7. I had low levels with a M/C, but I didn't really have nausea or sore breasts. This is my second time pregnant and I'm completely sick most of the time --- but I'm also at 8 1/2 weeks with good levels so I think the fact you're feeling sick is a good sign. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you!!

8. Thank you all so much! NANA00, did you catch up on your hcg levels? Are you now within normal range for the weeks that you have or are they still low but continually rising? Thank you.

9. I would be careful reading too much into pregnancy "symptoms" (like feeling sick, sore breasts, etc.). Symptoms only indicate that a pregnancy has occurred - not whether or not it is successful.
    OP, I'm not sure how helpful this thread can be for you because each pregnancy is very different. All that matters is you and your pregnancy. I realize that it must be extremely difficult for you to wait for answers, but hearing the stories of others will have no bearing on your outcome. It seems like it could add to your anxiety levels by examining all of the unknowns.
    I am really hoping that your next test results come back okay. I know that it's a difficult time for you. Please keep us posted. You will be in my thoughts.

10. there is such a wide range for hcg levels. is it possible that you weren't as far along as you thought you were? just try to stay positive and not stress you and the baby out. :heart:
    i'll be thinking of you both!

11. Thank you all for your kind words. I just have to sit and wait now until Monday when i get my results. What comforts me a little is that i am not cramping and not bleeding at all. I also took a home pregnancy test yesterday and the positive line came out super dark compared to the first time i took it which was the first day of my missed period. I pray that everything turns out fine for me on Monday.

12. Yeah, it's normal range, I went for my first OB appointment when I was 6wks & they did a 3rd blood test & the nurse said everything is going good. This is my 1st pregnancy so I didn't know the Dr's like to see you around 8wks, I was just so excited as me & hubby have been trying for 6-7mths, I haven't had any MC (knocking on wood) but I was starting to worry!

I agree with vhdos every pregnancy is different & no one can give you a sure answer but your Dr so TRY to relax & think postive, wishing you & baby the best!

13. Just keep thinking positive thoughts! I had the same thing happen with my second and third daughter. They both turned out to be perfect sassy redheaded little girls. A little too sassy sometimes if you ask me.:supacool:

14. Off to the Dr office today to get my blood test results! Im very nervous. Will keep you posted.

15. Good luck Cynthia! Fingers crossed for you!