Has anyone had any experiences not receiving their items?

rockstarmish

Your friendly neighborhood rock chick
O.G.
Aug 24, 2011
Hi there,
I write in despair. Last month, my BF bought me a bag that I've been wanting for a year. Long story short, Item was shipped on May 30th via standard international shipping (surface) and there was no tracking number. Now, having my item shipped was not my choice, it was the sellers. She charged my BF fairly for the shipping but It would have been better if she gave us a choice on airmail or surface on which air would have been better. Okay, so ebay gave a estimated delivery time till June 30th, The package was sent from Canada and to here in the Philippines. And of course... It's not here yet. I've been asking around and researching on my own on surface shipping and finding out the terrible truths, apparently if you have no tracking number, it pretty much means it can be lost. My friends have had their packages never arrive even with tracking numbers! I know shipping time is about 4-6 weeks and it will be 5 weeks in 2 days. I've read her feedbacks as a seller and there are buyers who never received their package.. does that mean that will be the case with me? Because truth be told I am so stung about this situation that I don't want a refund, I just want the bag. I've opened an Item not received case tonight and I just can't help but feel hopeless and depressed that I've been waiting for something that might never even arrive. It really hurts to have false hope.
I am beyond worried as I know there's not much I can do about it.

Has anyone had anything lost in transit before? And how did you deal with the situation.

Any response would be appreciated, I could really use some help.

Thank you for letting me share.

Sorry to hear that your bag hasn't arrived yet!

First of all, you did the right thing by opening an INR case, since it's been a little over a month. There are three possibilities: (1) the seller sent the bag, and it will show up eventually; (2) the seller sent the bag and it's lost; or (3) the seller never sent the bag.

Now that you've opened a case, that gives you a little bit of extra time in case of (1); also, if the bag arrives after you've escalated the case and received your money back, you can always send the funds back to the seller.

Has the seller been in contact at all?

If the bag never shows up, I'm sure you'll be able to find it from another seller!

It was a good move on your part to open an INR

Have you contacted your seller about the bag not arriving & has she responded?

Hopefully your bag will get there .. if not, you have covered yourself by filing the
INR

Although most packages reach their destinations without issue, it's cases like this for which ebay and paypal have the tracking requirement. Sellers have to be able to prove delivery and if she didn't choose a trackable method of shipping, she's SOL.

eBay allows you to open an INR case up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date. Surface intl package routinely take 2 months to arrive. I wouldn't escalate the case immediately but let each stage take as long as possible to give the item to show up on its own. I have had the experience where I filed an INR for an international package AWOL for 6 weeks only to have the package show up the next day.

I have never not received something which is pretty amazing considering how much stuff I have bought. :smile:

A lot of my purchases are international though most are not overseas. Whether tracked or not a seller cannot control customs. And surface can take a long time - I usually give as much time as possible before filing a claim on international.

Good luck.

Why didn't the seller get tracking? I would never ship domestic let alone international without tracking and insurance. Is this a new seller? How much was the bag? I would escalate the case now that way you can be sure it's done.

Why didn't the seller get tracking? I would never ship domestic let alone international without tracking and insurance. Is this a new seller? How much was the bag? I would escalate the case now that way you can be sure it's done.

Shipping a small box from Canada to the Philippines with tracking would cost over $100.00. Shipping without tracking is about half that.

Most parcels whether tracked or not end up where they are supposed to go. Lack of tracking does leave sellers vulnerable but many are willing to take that chance. Assuming it is an honest buyer it is often a safe bet.

Thank you for all the responses ladies, you have been very helpful. Let me update you all on what has happened since I posted this.
The seller responded to my case and offered to send the same bag via Fedex. I clearly expressed to her that I wanted the bag and not a refund. So I'm thinking this is a good thing? Should I take the deal?

In regards to how much was spent on the bag. It was $475+22 in shipping, so you imagine my distraught.

Will there be courier charges? If so, are you willing to pay them? So, it was a new bag? And, she has another?
I think there will be tax charges when it gets to my country but she hasn't mentioned me paying for the shipping here....

Ah and yes, she has another one.

This is what she said exactly:

"I have another bag like this, new in packaging. Would you like me to send it with Fedex? "