Has anyone had an LV bag stolen (and/or lost it)?

DawnS

O.G.
Oct 4, 2013
I'm so nervous now that I have my first LV. And to make things worse, I keep adding SLG's to it, just increasing the value. I'm just curious how many of you have had your bags stolen (and/or lost) or know someone that has.

So far have been blessed. But I have met people that have had there bags taken. U just have to be watching your bag at all times. Look around u when leaving entering a place. Hopefully u will never have to go through that.

So far have been blessed. But I have met people that have had there bags taken. U just have to be watching your bag at all times. Look around u when leaving entering a place. Hopefully u will never have to go through that.

I agree. Any bag that carries credit cards, checks, cash and keys should never leave your sight, no matter what the label. Designer bags attract additional attention. Always watch your bag, especially in crowds, on public transportation, etc. Keep them closed also. I also hope nothing ever happens, but better safe than sorry. But enjoy your bag!

I'm so nervous now that I have my first LV. And to make things worse, I keep adding SLG's to it, just increasing the value. I'm just curious how many of you have had your bags stolen (and/or lost) or know someone that has.

I have, yes. I no longer carry many monogram items, and reduce the amount of CCs and SLGs I carry at one time. We also have them insurred, though mine was taken from me, not our home. I am one of the few people who now sometimes actually likes people to assume my bags are fake.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, see about some sort of protection plan. But, keep in mind, most of us carry engagement rings that cost 10 times our LVs and SLGs and people don't target us for any sort of crime because of it. Keep your bag close and keep conscious of your surroundings, that is just good practice anyway. But don't consume yourself with worry. Enjoy your bag. It rarely happens, and if it does, would be just as likely to happen with a no-label or off-label brand. I don't think you make yourself a bigger target because of your bag, you are just more aware of what could be lost.

With so many people carrying iPhones, iPads and other expensive mobile devices as well as the obvious cash, cards, car keys etc, I think any bag is a potential target. You just have to be vigilant at all times, make sure you don't leave your bag unattended and you should be fine.

Thank God I haven't had an LV stolen but I had another one snatched right from the seat of my car a few years back. Now I put it on the left of my feet next to the door. I have so many SLGs inside and an iphone that the cost of buying them back would be huge. I am very scared when I walk in the street holding my bag in front of me as here in Greece snatching bags is so common. The worst thing is my SA told me once they brought him a Speedy which was cut with a knife. The lady didn't realize a thing until she went to pay at the counter. Her wallet was missing and a mini pochette. They seem to do this in an artistic way. You don't realize a thing until it is too late. My daughter also had a Marc Jacobs bag snatched from her shoulder. The man was in a car and as instinctively she didn't let it go at once they dragged her on the street leaving her in bruises, scratches and blood. She had an iphone in there also. The bag was found in a waste bin not too far from our house where it happened. They didn't know the brand, if it had been an LV they would have kept it too. It is really scary and dangerous to circulate even in the morning hours in Greece.

I've thankfully never had a bag stolen, but my lovely Rayures zippy was snatched from me just last month. It's made me much more anxious about carrying anything with an obvious label, as I think that's what attracted the thief. If you're nervous about your LV, try not to carry more than just the bag. The more things you're toting around (shopping bags, camera etc) the harder it is to keep an eye on your things.

Fortunately i've never had any bag stolen, and I use public transportation in Brazil! Maybe u r overreacting, try to relax but be a good observer when u r out with your bag, if u know what i mean :smile:

No, I haven't had a LV stolen or lost, but I did once leave my Chanel medium flap which had my LV Sarah wallet inside at a restaurant. I didn't drive so I left it on the barstool next to mine. I was panicking inside when I realized which was about 10 mins later, but thankfully server was honest and put it behind the server area until I picked it up.