Has anyone had a new model empreinte speedy for a while? Looking for wear and tear feedback.

I know the old ones had some issues, but how is the new model holding up? Looking at a bandouliere in Raisin.
I would love to hear also. I just posted about a problem I've had with my old style one. I've been given the option by LV to have it replaced but not sure if I should. I would love to hear how the new empriente bags are holding up.

Reactions: pursula
I've had mine (in black) since September and have worn it several times a week since I got it. It's my most loved and used bag! The bag has softened just a little -- no slouching, it's just a little softer against my hip when I wear it cross-body (which is pretty much all the time). There is no corner wear and the Empreinte embossing has not faded. The only noticeable thing is the gold foil "Louis Vuitton" has faded, so it's not as legible as it was when the bag was new. This is not surprising because the placement of the lettering is right where your hand goes in and out of the bag all the time. It does not say, as so many people seem to fear, "ouis Vuitt"! It's more that it has worn evenly across. This will be a problem for some people but it doesn't bother me, as I don't expect my bags to look pristine forever.

The NM Speedy Empreinte is, IMO, possibly the most versatile and functional bag I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT of bags!). I love it, and am thinking about getting another so I have a non-black option.

I've had mine (in black) since September and have worn it several times a week since I got it. It's my most loved and used bag! The bag has softened just a little -- no slouching, it's just a little softer against my hip when I wear it cross-body (which is pretty much all the time). There is no corner wear and the Empreinte embossing has not faded. The only noticeable thing is the gold foil "Louis Vuitton" has faded, so it's not as legible as it was when the bag was new. This is not surprising because the placement of the lettering is right where your hand goes in and out of the bag all the time. It does not say, as so many people seem to fear, "ouis Vuitt"! It's more that it has worn evenly across. This will be a problem for some people but it doesn't bother me, as I don't expect my bags to look pristine forever.

The NM Speedy Empreinte is, IMO, possibly the most versatile and functional bag I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT of bags!). I love it, and am thinking about getting another so I have a non-black option.

Thank you so much for the response! I was in the empreinte speedy clubhouse and came across the fading of the lettering. I hadn't thought of that. I am wondering now if I should get the old model if possible, but then again I don't want it to slouch too terribly much. Plus I LOVE the pocket on the new one. So handy. Decisions, decisions....

Thank you so much for the response! I was in the empreinte speedy clubhouse and came across the fading of the lettering. I hadn't thought of that. I am wondering now if I should get the old model if possible, but then again I don't want it to slouch too terribly much. Plus I LOVE the pocket on the new one. So handy. Decisions, decisions....

It really doesn't bother me, but I know it will bother some people. For a long time, I hesitated to get the Empreinte Speedy because I shy away from anything with logos. Then the NM came out with the pocket and I could no longer resist! The fading on mine is pretty even, and it's probably bound to happen because the foil letttering is right where your hand will go in and out of the exterior pocket. I don't need people to know the brand of my bag (and those in the know will recognize the Empreinte leather anyway) so for me it's a non-issue.

BTW, I also LOVE that exterior pocket. For me, it makes the bag so much more user-friendly. I keep thinking about getting a canvas speedy but I want that pocket!

It really doesn't bother me, but I know it will bother some people. For a long time, I hesitated to get the Empreinte Speedy because I shy away from anything with logos. Then the NM came out with the pocket and I could no longer resist! The fading on mine is pretty even, and it's probably bound to happen because the foil letttering is right where your hand will go in and out of the exterior pocket. I don't need people to know the brand of my bag (and those in the know will recognize the Empreinte leather anyway) so for me it's a non-issue.

BTW, I also LOVE that exterior pocket. For me, it makes the bag so much more user-friendly. I keep thinking about getting a canvas speedy but I want that pocket!

I don't think the fading would be a deal breaker for me--- and with the grain of the leather I don't think they could get the foil lettering perfectly in place and without flaws, it just doesn't seem possible because of the surface they're putting it on. The melting glazing issue has been fixed, right? Because I live in Alabama and we get some humid summers.....

I don't think the fading would be a deal breaker for me--- and with the grain of the leather I don't think they could get the foil lettering perfectly in place and without flaws, it just doesn't seem possible because of the surface they're putting it on. The melting glazing issue has been fixed, right? Because I live in Alabama and we get some humid summers.....

I believe from what others have said that the glazing is no longer a problem. My handles are perfect, although it hasn't been hot/humid here in the Northeast since I got the bag.

I bought mine 3 months ago and love it! I have the raisin, it's a gorgeous colour. I've had no problems with the glazing or anything, the foil writing near the zip I expect will eventually go, but that doesn't worry me. On the key fob the writing seems much more stuck on for some reason, it doesn't seem to have chipped or faded at all there. The bag seems to mould very comfortably to the body when worn, but the embossing is as good as new. I've not had mine very long but so far so good :smile:

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20161130_121426.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20161130_121426.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 1,390
  • thumbnail_IMG_20170131_130839.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170131_130839.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,694
  • thumbnail_IMG_20170131_085641.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170131_085641.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,269
I bought mine 3 months ago and love it! I have the raisin, it's a gorgeous colour. I've had no problems with the glazing or anything, the foil writing near the zip I expect will eventually go, but that doesn't worry me. On the key fob the writing seems much more stuck on for some reason, it doesn't seem to have chipped or faded at all there. The bag seems to mould very comfortably to the body when worn, but the embossing is as good as new. I've not had mine very long but so far so good :smile:
That's great information. Also thanks for the pics. It was really helpful to see the mod shot and how it sits while wearing it also. Does the new style still have the feet on the bottom?

That's great information. Also thanks for the pics. It was really helpful to see the mod shot and how it sits while wearing it also. Does the new style still have the feet on the bottom?
The new style doesn't have the base panel and feet like the OM, but I think that's what makes it sit so comfortably against the body, the bag sits nicely and doesn't feel like it's 'poking out' like I think it would with a structured base and feet.

The new style doesn't have the base panel and feet like the OM, but I think that's what makes it sit so comfortably against the body, the bag sits nicely and doesn't feel like it's 'poking out' like I think it would with a structured base and feet.
That's interesting. Mine is the old style with the feet and base panel and I found that it sat quite comfortably against the body. So I'm guessing it's even more comfortable now. Although I am disappointed to hear that it doesn't have the feet anymore. I liked them lol.

Yours is the 25, right? I like the way it sits on the hip as well.
Yes I have the 25, it looks quite small but fits a surprising amount inside, (my Montaigne is bigger yet they fit roughly the same), and the front pocket is really handy; it easily accommodates a sizeable phone, with the front panel still maintaining its shape, so it's a good compartment for something frequently used as you don't have to unzip the bag every time you reach for it. I haven't had to use a liner or stuff when using a different bag as it holds its shape well, and the empreinte leather has been absolutely fine in the rain (although I spray lightly with Collonil once a month just to be safe), so it's a nice low maintenance bag.
My only niggle with this bag is the strap length; it's adjustable and I wear it on the shortest possible setting and it feels only just ok for me. I think when the weather warms up and I'm not padded over with a coat I might need to use an alternative shorter strap. I'm 5ft so it's probably not an issue for most people

That's really helpful information, and the pictures were very helpful as well! It actually looks bigger than I thought it would be--which makes me think maybe the 30 would be too big. I don't want to be lugging around a duffle bag, but I don't want a tiny bag either. The 25 looks like it will be a good size. As far as color, I love the Raisin! I also love the Mastic color. I am fond of the Bleu Marine as well, but I wear a TON of black, and I'm afraid it wouldn't really go with most of my wardrobe...is that dumb? lol