Has anyone had a leather purse dyed?

May 11, 2006
I've been thinking about trying to have a medium brown Coach purse dyed a darker brown (professionally). Has anyone done this? What's been the result? Does the leather stay smooth/soft and does the dye rub off on clothes?

My sister had her beautiful cocoa colored Mui Mui dyed a darker color, and it came out looking icky...........coated as if with nail polish.with this sheen on it that looked like day-old egg yolk..............and it was done by an "expert" place in Beverly Hills
I would say, don't do it :yucky:

Anyone else have any experience with dying their bags? I am wishing there was something I could do to improve the look of my Betsey Johnson Good Girl. I bought a brown one off ebay and the color is just not attractive at all imo. I would love to get it dyed a darker brown, if it could be done without damaging the bag.

I've also noticed people commenting that sometimes when they put conditioning products on their bags the leather darkens. If anyone knows of anything that might have that effect that might work for me also.

tia!

I had a vintage navy blue Bottega Veneta bag re-dyed, and it came out great (but a little darker than it was originally). The leather was still buttery soft.

I had a vintage navy blue Bottega Veneta bag re-dyed, and it came out great (but a little darker than it was originally). The leather was still buttery soft. I just went to a random shoe repair place here in NYC.