Has anyone had a falling out with a close friend? =(

Funny timing for me to read this thread! I just reconnected with a friend I had a small falling out with... we haven't talked to six months but are now reconnecting. I think it's worth it to hang tight to friendships -- pride be damned! There are so few things in this world to be truly mad about to the point of cutting someone off forever.

that's great Intl :yes: How'd you two get back in touch?

I think this question relates to that email that did the rounds for a long time.

People that are in your life are there for a season, a reason, or a lifetime. Some will be there forever, some come along to help you get through a rough patch, and then fade away, and some come in to your life because of where you're living or what job you are doing at the time.

In life's grand scheme, it's not worth not talking to someone for long periods or holding grudges. It hurts you more than them.

Ask yourself if this person is a "season", "reason" or "lifetime" friend, and the answer you give yourself will provide guidance about where to go next.

Sorry to hear about the fall out. Years ago, when the school I went to back then closed down I had two best friends that I did everything with.....we all were alike and we all got along really well, they were the most awesome friends you could ask for. But then after that, all three of us went to different schools......I'm pretty sure neither of us kept in touch. They were really awesome friends, but neither of us ever called or anything after we were all at different schools. I thought that they would be my friends forever till years and till I married and had a family and it didn't happen that way. They were great friends but we didn't keep in touch. I wonder if we all got out of touch for a reason....God has his ways I guess, I don't really know for sure. I haven't tried to get back in touch with them since we all have different lives now....we're all at different schools, all have different friends now, and we're all dealing with our own different problems. I guess that's just the way it's going to be.

that's great Intl :yes: How'd you two get back in touch?

It turns out that she's moving to Chicago for law school. We're both native Californians. I contacted her because it's not fun to move to a city where you know nobody (or worse yet, know someone and that someone just ignores you!). She's a great girl, and a small rift in our friendship doesn't mean much in terms of how long we've been friends.

I had a major falling out w/ avery close friend at the beginning of this year. I couldn't be friends w/ her again. The things she said to me were so down right bizzare that it was as though she had some sort of breakdown. She said utterly horendous things & although we had an EXTREMELY close relationship I have no interest in being friends w/ the person who freaked out at me.

Mind you the "freak out" was several days long! So... yeah I'm over it!

I miss the person she was PRIOR to the meltdown but I still see her occasionally & she is completely BIZARRE around me!

I think this question relates to that email that did the rounds for a long time.

People that are in your life are there for a season, a reason, or a lifetime. Some will be there forever, some come along to help you get through a rough patch, and then fade away, and some come in to your life because of where you're living or what job you are doing at the time.

In life's grand scheme, it's not worth not talking to someone for long periods or holding grudges. It hurts you more than them.

Ask yourself if this person is a "season", "reason" or "lifetime" friend, and the answer you give yourself will provide guidance about where to go next.

wow...that is a good question :confused1::confused1: Season, reason or lifetime...Maybe it was just a reason (sorority, housing, same friends)? :shrugs: that's a thinker....