Has anyone had a DY ring turn your finger green?

klj

O.G.
Jul 27, 2009
Just curious if anyone has had this happen with any DY rings.
I purchased a ring for my daughter at Nordstrom's and I'm trying to decide if I should just go with it and chalk it up to her body chemistry at the moment.. or take it back..not sure what this would do...and she loves the ring.
I've read silver also oxidizes and can make it happen.
It's only happening on the underside of her finger.
Thanks!

Is it a wider ring?
I'm just asking because I had a friend who purchased a wider style Tiffany ring and it turned her finger. She took it back the next day and selected one with a thinner band. No problems!
It was explained that for some people, wide silver rings + moisture can create the blackening effect.

Hi,

I have that same ring in the wider version. It hasn't turned my finger green and I've worn it fairly regularly.
I have had some rings turn on me though. Hm.
It must be her body chemistry. :biggrin:

I have never had a DY ring turn my finger, and i have 3 of them that I wear frequently, but sometimes the DY earrings leave black marks on my ears and Ive noticed the earring backs turn green ocasionally but if i clean them the green comes off

That looks like a pretty wide ring. I have a wide Tiffany silver ring turn green, because it was a bit snug (even though it was my normal size for that finger). I exchanged it for half a size bigger, and haven't had any problems since. You might want to get it in a bigger size.